lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
they were talking about Cloverfield

Wow talk about crying wolf.:wtb: Now next time she is getting excited and telling people her movie is good people wont know if they can believe her. On a regular night it wouldnt have been a big deal for her to tease it like that but this being the Super Bowl she had to know we would assume a blockbuster trailer. One person guessed a surprise during the halftime show before they would have guessed that actual correct answer. Wonder if she is getting paid to promote?:patrice:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
tumblr_p3nsqvX0wU1v3siujo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_p3nsqvX0wU1v3siujo9_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p3nsqvX0wU1v3siujo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p3nsm5ZLBX1v3siujo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_p3nsm5ZLBX1v3siujo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_p3nsdr2Cgi1v3siujo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_p3nsdr2Cgi1v3siujo4_1280.jpg

2018_bp_press_020.jpg

The stars of Black Panther kicked off its international tour this week in South Korea, where it shot key action scenes, and were eager to discuss the political aspects of Marvel's most diverse franchise.

"My own personal culture and heritage is something I've always appreciated since I was very young and I've always loved superhero comic books and movies. So it's blessing to be able to merge these two ideas into one project. It was really surreal to be a part of this process," director Ryan Coogler told reporters during the Asia junket held Monday in Seoul. The filmmaker added how was in his northern California hometown with his wife when he received the directing job offer from Marvel, and the first thing he did was visit the comic book store where he first came across the original Black Panther books as a kid.

Chadwick Boseman, who plays the lead role of the shadowy superhero as well as T'Challa, the young ruler of the fictional African nation of Wakanda, also expressed his excitement of being part of the franchise."I never said yes to any role without reading the script, without knowing the director," he said about agreeing to take part in the project while attending a red-carpet event in Switzerland.

One Korean reporter commented that the film sheds light on African American history, with Black Panther/T'Challa being similar to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Erik Killmonger, the supervillain posing a threat to Wakanda's authorities, to Malcom X.

"I understand [this observation] from an emotional standpoint and in terms of [the characters'] demeanor standpoint but not in terms of philosophy," said Boseman, noting a key difference. "Wakanda didn't have to deal with colonialism and slavery because of its isolationism, whereas Dr. King and Malcom X had to deal with these issues. [Black Panther and Erik Killmonger's] reality is not at all dictated by European white society. These two characters exist in their own mythology. Also, Malcom X was never as militant, as ruthless as Erik Killmonger."

Michael B. Jordan, who appears as the vengeful Erik Killmonger, offered his view of his character. "Erik grew up in a systematic depression, he had a lot of things taken away," he said, explaining how there are two sides of a conversation and the villain "was willing to go through any lengths to make his point of view heard."

Boseman emphasized how that "the most important thing about this movie is the debate it will be starting and the discussion it will be starting." "It's not just a popcorn movie for people to enjoy," he said.

In addition to featuring a diverse cast, Black Panther has been noted for featuring a strong female lead.

Lupita Nyong'o, who appears as the warrior Nakia, said her character was not a typical heroine. "[She] is a war dog, which means that she is an undercover spy for Wakanda. She goes out into the world to places like Korea," said the Oscar-winning actress. "She has a special relationship with T'Challa and what I love about that relationship is that it's not your average, you know, sweetheart story [with a] damsel in distress. They have a history but she is a reliable ear for him," she said.

Meanwhile, Boseman mentioned how excited he was about his Korean nickname, "Busan Panther," coined by local media and fans after key action scenes in the film were shot in the South Korean port city of Busan. The production had created much hype as shooting took place in several landmarks in the city known for hosting Asia's largest cinema event, the Busan International Film Festival.

The first international red-carpet premiere for Black Panther is being held in Seoul, after which it will open first in Korean theaters on Feb. 14 and the rest of the world on Feb. 16.

'Black Panther' Team Kick Off Global Press Tour in South Korea: "Not Just a Popcorn Movie"

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Shoutouts to Priest but I MUCH prefer Hudlin’s run anyway. His annoyance at the supposed smaller inclusion of a certain character actually makes me happy.

Okay so I'ma need some education on this brehs. I didn't wanna be just a hop on movie fan of BP, so I did my homework to really get into his story. I started off collecting the Coates collection, but I saw you guys trashing it and decided to look into what the best stuff actually is. I specifically got the entire Priest collection cuz I heard from you guys and plenty of others that it's the essential BP run. I also read that Hudlin's graphic novel "Who is the Black Panther?" so I picked that up to.

In fact, lemme just upload my whole collection.
28698444e750ee021afede1ede3e7f5e1244abf13c8be9d0519c0dbc269fb26c852c99de.jpg

The top Reginald Hudlin's "Who is the Black Panther", the middle is all 4 volumes of the Christopher Priest collection, and the bottom 3 are the first 4 graphic novels for the Coates run.

So question for @Ziggiy and everyone else: What's up with Hudlin's collection? Is "Who is the Black Panther?" a part of this run and would be included in the larger collections, or is it separate story he did? I'm seeing the first 2 volumes of his run are available for purchase now, with Volume 3 dropping soon. I'm thinking about copping all 3 :lupe:

Thanks for the education and for turning me into a real BP fan brehs.

Best thing to do as of right now would be to start with Evan Nacisse’s Rise Of The Black Panther. Which chronicles T’Challa’s rise to the Panther mantle

Should I add this to the collection as well? Is he running adjacent to Coates run?

Last edited:

Corey Matthews

All Star
Daps
Wow talk about crying wolf.:wtb: Now next time she is getting excited and telling people her movie is good people wont know if they can believe her. On a regular night it wouldnt have been a big deal for her to tease it like that but this being the Super Bowl she had to know we would assume a blockbuster trailer. One person guessed a surprise during the halftime show before they would have guessed that actual correct answer. Wonder if she is getting paid to promote?:patrice:

How is it crying wolf?

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
There’s already been talk of the inevitable “Black Panther” sequel. Will Coogler be back in the director’s chair? “It’s too early to say about a second ‘Black Panther,’ but we certainly want him to come back,” Horn says about his directing other projects.

Boseman doesn’t want to speculate about other installments either. At least not yet. “I’m enjoying this moment,” he says. “If we start talking about sequels — if we do four of them, two of them, three of them — I just want them all to be special like this one.”
Chadwick Boseman and Ryan Coogler on How ‘Black Panther’ Makes History

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Okay so I'ma need some education on this brehs. I didn't wanna be just a hop on movie fan of BP, so I did my homework to really get into his story. I started off collecting the Coates collection, but I saw you guys trashing it and decided to look into what the best stuff actually is. I specifically got the entire Priest collection cuz I heard from you guys and plenty of others that it's the essential BP run. I also read that Hudlin's graphic novel "Who is the Black Panther?" so I picked that up to.

In fact, lemme just upload my whole collection.
28698444e750ee021afede1ede3e7f5e1244abf13c8be9d0519c0dbc269fb26c852c99de.jpg

The top Reginald Hudlin's "Who is the Black Panther", the middle is all 4 volumes of the Christopher Priest collection, and the bottom 3 are the first 4 graphic novels for the Coates run.

So question for @Ziggiy and everyone else: What's up with Hudlin's collection? Is "Who is the Black Panther?" a part of this run and would be included in the larger collections, or is it separate story he did? I'm seeing the first 2 volumes of his run are available for purchase now, with Volume 3 dropping soon. I'm thinking about copping all 3 :lupe:

Thanks for the education and for turning me into a real BP fan brehs.

Hudlin’s “Who Is The Black Panther” was originally meant to be an out of continuity comic. It sold so well that Marvel made it canon.

The big diffeeence between Priest and Hudlin is that Priest was continually under the pressure that his run would get cancelled, so he ended up putting in stuff to appeal to white readership (Everett Ross as narrator, Hunter, etc) while simultaneously attempting to make Black Panther a character that could stand alongside the other heroes. Hudlin didn’t operate under the same pressures so he pretty much made T’Challa more of a confident hero, as Priest kept his version Of T’Challa shrouded in mystery.

Hudlin introduced Shuri, he also is responsible for the T’Challa/Storm marriage. He had T’Chaka kick Captain America’s ass. He had T’Challa kick Iron Man’s ass

He had T’Challa swagging all over the world

He had our boy out here winning

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Hudlin’s “Who Is The Black Panther” was originally meant to be an out of continuity comic. It sold so well that Marvel made it canon.

The big diffeeence between Priest and Hudlin is that Priest was continually under the pressure that his run would get cancelled, so he ended up putting in stuff to appeal to white readership (Everett Ross as narrator, Hunter, etc) while simultaneously attempting to make Black Panther a character that could stand alongside the other heroes. Hudlin didn’t operate under the same pressures so he pretty much made T’Challa more of a confident hero, as Priest kept his version Of T’Challa shrouded in mystery.

Hudlin introduced Shuri, he also is responsible for the T’Challa/Storm marriage. He had T’Chaka kick Captain America’s ass. He had T’Challa kick Iron Man’s ass

He had T’Challa swagging all over the world

He had our boy out here winning

Okay, so in other words. The hudlin run is a must cop too. Thanks brother.

I think I'ma read it in this order: Who is the Black Panther? -> Priest Run -> Hudlin Run -> Rise of the Black Panther (when the graphic novel drops) -> Nation Under Our Feet

That's thousands of comic book pages brehs. Let me buckle up :wow: