Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
‘Creed’ Director on Whether Marvel’s Black Panther Needs a Black Director

Screen Rant I know there’s been a lot of rumors about you and Marvel’s Black Panther. I don’t want to talk about that because you are focused on [Creed]. But do you think something like a Black Panther movie from Marvel has to have a black director? We’ve seen just like every prominent black director thrown in—Ava [DuVernay], you, anybody who’s had any kind of success in the last few years…

Ryan Coogler: Yeah, I think it’s important. Perspective is so important in art. It’s an important thing. That’s not to say that you can’t work outside yourself. When I was coming up, I made movies about things that were close to me; I made movies about things that weren’t close to me. But I definitely think that it helps when you are close to a subject. Like, I was an athlete for most of my life before I was a filmmaker. And that helped to inform me when writing this script, when directing. Having had those types of experiences helped me inform this process.

A lot of times with great movies, you find some part of the filmmaker’s life informing what they were doing. You look at Marty’s great movies. It’s like, man, you look at Mean Streets, that was his life. That was what he was dealing with. That was what he was coming up with.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Props to @Omar27 for the update.

I hope Coogler does direct, Creed is getting great reviews. He's building a very good resume at a young age.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That Civil War trailer was a let down for me personally. They showed about 0.3 seconds of BP owning Bucky and running after him:francis:

At this point, AT LEAST we got footage no matter how small it maybe. Vision was nowhere to be seen in the AoU trailers. He got sizeable role in the final film though.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OK. What do we think about what we saw? I think the costume looks good not great. I'm worried about the print on necklace.

The angles and shots are too brief to get a good look, but the costume looks cool. I'm not fan of the necklace being melded on there either, but it's w/e. They can always make modifications before his solo film like they've done with Cap and his various appearances throughout the movies.

Supa cat

Catset Don Dada
Daps
#dope

91wW0B9.jpg
This is sick