Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Jet

Banned
Daps
Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Update 3 Now Live, Close Quarters Maps Revealed, and More

The new patch is currently not available on all platforms (only PS3 and Xbox 360), and is not live in all countries. Not all users are being prompted to download the patch upon booting the game. If this is the case for you as it was for me, another way to download the patch is through the in-game store menu option.

The update is mandatory in order for Battlefield 3 Premium to take effect, if you choose to purchase it. As for those who don’t wish to buy Premium, DICE notes “If you’re unable to access multiplayer, you must download this patch.”

The patch will set you back 2.38GB on Xbox 360, 1.4GB on PS3. PC patch hasn’t gone live at the time of writing.

The patch also reveals all four Close Quarters maps, which can find below, courtesy of Redditor striker035. In addition to already unveiled Ziba Tower and Donya Fortress, Close Quarters includes Operation 925 and Scrapmetal.

Close-Quarters-Maps.jpg

MP1st – Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Update 3 Now Live, Close Quarters Maps Revealed, and More

^^The map rotation screen is a great addition

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
There's hardly anybody playing the Karkand maps these days. I dont think many ppl bought those to begin with. I think most ppl who had it had the LE version of the game.

I wonder if at this point, anyone will buy these new ones

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
There's hardly anybody playing the Karkand maps these days. I dont think many ppl bought those to begin with. I think most ppl who had it had the LE version of the game.

I wonder if at this point, anyone will buy these new ones

Half the servers are karkland only maps :ld:

Jet

Banned
Daps
Battlefield Premium Calender:
IMG_0144.jpg

Close Quarters Release Date:
IMG_0135.jpg

Armored Kill Release Date:
IMG_0137.jpg

Aftermath Release Date:
IMG_0139.jpg

End Game Release Date:
IMG_0141.jpg

Unique in-game content:
IMG_0147.jpg

Premium Events:
IMG_0149.jpg

Bonus Content:
IMG_0150.jpg

Jet

Banned
Daps
Battlefield 3 Premium Now Live, Don’t Buy from Xbox Live or PSN – Close Quarters PS3 Live

Battlefield 3 Premium is now live on both PSN and Xbox 360 for $50 or 4000 MS points but there’s a catch. Premium on PC is not available at the time of writing.

Battlefield 3 Premium “…should be accessed through the in-game store and NOT DOWNLOADED FROM Xbox Live/PSN or you will be charged twice,” reads the description of the DLC plan. It’s still unknown whether this problem will be remedied by EA at some point or not. We’ll keep an eye out for an official comment on the matter.

Also, PS3 Premium users now are able to download Close Quarters. The second expansion pack weighs in at 1142MB on PS3.

Schedule on when Close Quarters is expected to be playable as we reported earlier (still verifying the dates, not final):

June 4th for PS3 Premium (We’re getting mixed feedback on whether it’s playable at the moment or not.)
June 12th for Xbox 360 and PC Premium
Week of June 18th: for PS3 Regular
Week of June 25th: for PC and Xbox 360 Regular

Quarters Assignments have also been listed, thanks to MP1st forum moderator Beanz3 for the list below:

Life Saver:

50 kills with the F2000
25 headshots with the F2000
50 Squad Heals

Bullet Provider:

50 kills with the PKP Pecheneg
50 Squad Resupplies

Location Scout:

50 kills with the L96
25 headshots with the L96
25 Spawns on your Radio Beacon

Wrench Weilder:

50 kills with Scar-H
25 headshots with Scar-H
25 kills with shotgun

Jack of all Trades:

Get 30 kills with Assault Rifles
Get 30 kills with Carbines
Get 30 kills with Sniper Rifles
Get 30 kills with Light Machine Guns
Get 15 kills with Pistol

MP1st – Battlefield 3 Premium Now Live, Don’t Buy from Xbox Live or PSN – Close Quarters PS3 Live

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
they want 49.99 for that shyt, them nikkas cray :dry:

Not really crazy when you think about it.

I'm going to go half with my lil bro and we'll just share it on PSN.

But this is better than them releasing BF4 in the fall and then abandoning BF3, is it not?