Official 'Atlanta' Season 3 Thread

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I think he purposely sabotaged it to avoid being pigeonholed into a character

yeah, but why not work on something that everyone loves and is critically acclaimed to do shyt like a :trash: han solo movie :why:???

I mean dude did win a grammy, during the hiatus, but he hasn't done anything noteable really other than appearing as a minor character in a spiderman movie.

wait, he was in the lion king, but I haven't seen that one.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
yeah, but why not work on something that everyone loves and is critically acclaimed to do shyt like a :trash: han solo movie :why:???

I mean dude did win a grammy, during the hiatus, but he hasn't done anything noteable really other than appearing as a minor character in a spiderman movie.

COVID delayed season 3. It was supposed to premier January 2021. I doubt he planned to be gone for 4 years.
Solo, a couple albums, ATL Season 3 would have been a good run by the end of Spring 2021

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt, when u take off 4 years between seasons, u already know his heart wasn't in it. he isn't :ld:

I mean, has nothing to do with his heart being in it.

Season 3 was renewed June 2018. They had to find the right time to start filming because of the cast's schedule:

Donald was filming that Solo movie then went on tour in September 2018, which would've made it difficult to even write for the show. Then he did Lion King.

Paper Boi was on Broadway and making movies

Darius was in a bunch of shyt including Uncut Gems and Knives Out that was filming in late 2018

Zazie's been in a bunch of shyt and up for roles too.

They had to make sure everyone could be together.

Filming was supposed to start in Spring 2020 then COVID shut shyt down. Production restarted April 2021.

That's the "issue" when you have a cast of "unknowns" that blow up at the same time. Becomes tough to schedule production when people are doing tours, filming movies, and doing Broadway shows. Becomes even harder when one of the people that are busy is the creator and writer and filming is in Europe.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Not feeling the Euro vibe. I hope it’s just a few episodes centering around that and not the whole season because, it looks from that trailer that the show is losing some of the magic that made it what it was
maybe that's on purpose

show you the process of selling out

being separated from the source you emerged from & losing authenticity