Official 2024 BET hip hop Awards thread

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It actually looked at Drais. I thought it was different and unique. But I wouldn't hold it there every year.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Niche award shows like this or the MTV ones are dying a slow death. There are too many forms of entertainment out there

I heard this shyt was being held at a club :mjlol:
Spanish award shows happen like every 3 weeks and everyone still shows out for those.

Americans treat award shows like Wrestling PPV's. After a while, once you're kinda off it general, you only have room left for the big shows (Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Survivor Series, RR for wrestling) Grammys, Golden Globes, Oscars, and maybe the Emmys; Anything else you'll only tune into when fukkery doth occur (like the Oscars a couple of years ago).

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
People have been saying bet fell off for years and they claim to not watch it… well this is the result. Why put a big budget into the production if people aren’t watching? They still were able to get performers and they had a space, I think the overseers think they did a good job :yeshrug: It’s only going to get worse as long as people don’t watch. It seems to me that the entertainment industry is barely hanging on but people keep kicking that can down the road. Kendrick won like 10 awards and he wasn’t even there. I bet he performs at the Grammys though.

BET needed a revamp a while ago after 106 ended….

It’s funny how folks forget where they came from too.

They will go to a Grammy but won’t come to the BET awards.

Jay-Z should buy BET

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
People complain when they actually put forth effort and use a big venue and now when they try to save money or they can’t afford to do what they used to do people still complain lol

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This wasn't as bad I thought it would be. They had some legacy acts at least performing

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Niche award shows like this or the MTV ones are dying a slow death. There are too many forms of entertainment out there

I heard this shyt was being held at a club :mjlol:

It's because the music is garbage and the only consumer base that is left, just treats it as disposable entertainment