Official 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup Thread (August 25 - September 10)

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Karl Anthony Towns beating Trae Bell Haynes , the Scrubb brothers and Melvin Ejim is the biggest moment in DR history since Pedro threw Don Zimmer down

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
As much as this win didn't matter at all in even the tiniest least minimal little bit, the DR did play really well

They've had the same group together for years, and adding Montero, Quinones, and KAT is a big boost. They have a really good rotation of bigs too with Kat, Vargas and Delgado

They're on the easy side of the WC draw, and could go really far if they can avoid the states until late in the tourney

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
As much as this win didn't matter at all in even the tiniest least minimal little bit, the DR did play really well

They've had the same group together for years, and adding Montero, Quinones, and KAT is a big boost. They have a really good rotation of bigs too with Kat, Vargas and Delgado

They're on the easy side of the WC draw, and could go really far if they can avoid the states until late in the tourney
I was surprised except for Montero and Delgado. Both should be in the league and they’re good eye test players

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Clearly threw the game.

Canada won when the starters played and then sat everybody in the 2nd

Also, why am I seeing the the same group of guys that were at all the Can - DR games I went to in Toronto in the stands lol

You guys love your country, I'll give you that

I missed it so it was like the first Germany game where they sat Shai and RJ in the 4th,if so who cares... :yeshrug:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Karl Anthony Towns beating Trae Bell Haynes , the Scrubb brothers and Melvin Ejim is the biggest moment in DR history since Pedro threw Don Zimmer down

Thats where Canada will struggle like hell is against any decent side (not the DR) with good bigs cuz Powell and Olynyk just aint it....They both allow too mych easy stuff and Olynyk just gets lost covering ppl on the weakside...Watching Olynyk defend makes me wish for Magloire or Dalembert.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Idk why everyone I know was saying this is a bronze team.

They were saying that before Murray backed out...that being said this exact same team beat Spain yesterday whos considered a medal favorite.