Official 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup Thread (August 25 - September 10)

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DonB90

Superstar
Daps

In this World Cup, Kerr never conceded to the reality the starting lineup he constructed was dysfunctional. He made only one adjustment to that group in the tournament, removing struggling small forward Brandon Ingram and replacing him with Josh Hart. But he stuck with point guard Jalen Brunson and center Jaren Jackson Jr. even as subs Tyrese Haliburton, Austin Reaves and Paolo Banchero were more productive.

The Americans were behind 25-20 when Kerr made his first substitutions in the opening quarter against Germany. For the tournament, the starters were a collective minus-1 from the opening tip-off to the first strategic sub. If one removes their rampage against overmatched Jordan, that number falls to minus-17.

Kerr became reliant upon the second group to take advantage of tiring opponents to turn around those games and provide the United States with an advantage, but every occasion the starters struggled provided confidence to the less talented opposition
Kerr played Brunson for 20 minutes against Germany even though he committed three turnovers and was a minus-19. Halliburton was a plus-14 but got slightly less run from Kerr.

:hhh:

SHO-NUFF

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOMETHIN REAL FO YO ASS IN THESE HANDS!!!!

Ewwwwww:scust:

bytch this America we don't lose to fukking Germany. We don't lose period at anything ever. Because we're the best at whatever we put our mind to fukk anybody else. Now you gotta listen to foreigners with the "World Champions of What" smug shyt for the next 2 years cause the team contracted that weak beta mentality from their head coach.
They would of been better getting some 6-11 college kid who just knows how to rebound and put back then the trash they trotter out there for center trying to be cutesey and shyt like He does with the Warriors. Well newsflash bytch you don't have the greatest 2 3pt shooters of all time on FIBA that cute shyt don't work

Get em the fukk outt here :camby:

Chat and Dub (at the least) will be on that plane to Paris, and Kerr won't.

vino

Superstar
Daps

Ewwwwww:scust:

bytch this America we don't lose to fukking Germany. We don't lose period at anything ever. Because we're the best at whatever we put our mind to fukk anybody else. Now you gotta listen to foreigners with the "World Champions of What" smug shyt for the next 2 years cause the team contracted that weak beta mentality from their head coach.
They would of been better getting some 6-11 college kid who just knows how to rebound and put back then the trash they trotter out there for center trying to be cutesey and shyt like He does with the Warriors. Well newsflash bytch you don't have the greatest 2 3pt shooters of all time on FIBA that cute shyt don't work

Get em the fukk outt here :camby:

Steve Kerr a bum as coach. He been coasting his whole career off the back of Steph and Klay and the crew. I can’t believe he saying that weak shyt man. They making all that money as pros but go overseas and lose to Germany. what the fukk

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
“Steve Kerr ain’t coaching [expletive],” he said. “Steve Kerr is having a good time. He ain’t coaching. He’s just having a good time. He’s just sitting there letting those kids shoot. That’s all he’s doing, man. He ain’t doing a damn thing. You know I’m joking, Steve.”
1d7b8357.gif

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thank you USA….your sorry performance means the King is coming to Paris

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
That scrimmage where Cade and Duren morphed into Shaq / Kobe and clapped them shoulda been a red flag .

Cade my nikka but them nba reporter nikkas was acting like Jesus walked on the floor ..Dead giveaway

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I didn’t catch this live so I just watched the replay. Wtf??? This sorry ass team.

Kobe said it best, when he played in Europe, he said he gained an appreciation for their focus on the fundamentals.

Tim Duncan: Mr Fundamentals. Joker looks a uncoordinated lumberjack, but he does the basics perfectly.

This team struggled to box out, get rebounds. These are the things that win games. Not simply scoring.

The Boondocks episode where Riley joined the basketball team was prophetic. All this BSing about trying to look flashy but he couldn’t even do the basics. This loss is indicative of that. Don’t give me that “it wasn’t the A-team”. No excuses at all.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
The wings are one thing. Guards, they'll be fine. The rebounding is a problem.

Last year's league leaders in rebounds per game, 9 of the top 11 were foreign bigs. Randle was the only one in the group that's American.
Didn’t even see this post until now. Backs up what I said in my post above.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
And please the whole world has got better. Schoeder isn’t even a top 25 pg in the league, theis is an avg backup big

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And please the whole world has got better. Schoeder isn’t even a top 25 pg in the league, theis is an avg backup big
Do you not think the world has gotten better? Its not always just about skill and talent. USA slaps these teams together a month before the tournaments and plays against countries that have continuity, cohesion and an actual structure. It works when you send the best of the best, it’s not a guarantee when you send the C team.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
also Steph Curry averaged more defensive rebounds a game than the defending DPOY, Jaren Jackson Jr :scust: