Official 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup Thread (August 25 - September 10)

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

barese

Pro
Daps
He's getting his 25 or 30 points each game, and that's a huge advantage against anyone, even US.

On a local forum in Serbia people have been calling him Gilgamesh because of the second name lol
(I don't remember seeing it elsewhere)

Tomorrow Canada is a huge favorite for sure.
Serbia can only hope that:
- Canadian team is maybe still new to FIBA rules,
- Serbia has a rather good second unit
- I'm not sure a lot of Canadian players won tournaments before, I think only RJ won U19 in 2017... players often lose first, before they start winning...

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
If Serbia shoots lights out they can beat any team. Canada needs to play fast to win.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Team USA will face off against Germany in the semifinals of the FIBA World Cup at 8:40 a.m. ET, on Friday, Sept. 8 on espn 2

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
He's getting his 25 or 30 points each game, and that's a huge advantage against anyone, even US.

On a local forum in Serbia people have been calling him Gilgamesh because of the second name lol
(I don't remember seeing it elsewhere)

Tomorrow Canada is a huge favorite for sure.
Serbia can only hope that:
- Canadian team is maybe still new to FIBA rules,
- Serbia has a rather good second unit
- I'm not sure a lot of Canadian players won tournaments before, I think only RJ won U19 in 2017... players often lose first, before they start winning...
Majority of Canada has played atleast a couple years of FIBA. They've finished well in some smaller tournaments (bronze in Fiba Americas, lots of silver and bronze at u19 and other youth tourneys) , but RJ is the only one with a large scale tournament gold

I think Serbia might be able to score at the rim alot. Canada doesn't have much rim protection, and they don't play Edey or Alexander much, so there's not much size behind Olynyk and Powell

Serbia's bigs have looked really good from the highlights I've watched. Wouldn't be surprised if they have big games. I think Brooks and Dort are about as good as you can get to harass Bogi all game though, so I wouldn't be shocked if they're able to slow him down

Should be a really good game, and I doubt it's a blowout either way unless Canada shoots the 3 really well.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
F5XY-hUWEAA62dn

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Wait a min
4:45 AM GAME? Man :camby:

Canada better try to get games in Toronto or Montreal next time shyt they had 3v3 female basketball in Montreal this week

Last edited: