Official 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup Thread (August 25 - September 10)

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
world cup got me looking at mikal, cam johnson and brunson real different

the world probably disgusted finding out how much they make

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Arena is booing USA, either these fools are tanking to get Italy in top 8 or they are that mentally fragile.

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
world cup got me looking at mikal, cam johnson and brunson real different

the world probably disgusted finding out how much they make
Mikal is going to lead Houston to a nice lotto pick. He can’t fool me man

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This game is exposing a lot of fundamental differences in the USA game. Look at Lit's guards. They can barely bring the ball up the court, however because of that they naturally develop a predisposition to moving the ball. shyt shows up in the half court cause you don't really see a bunch of ISO shyt. Ball moving side to side and its getting them great looks. Everything the USA does in the half court looks difficult by comparison.

On the other end being a defensive big in NBA is about moving your feet and defending the PnR. They actually have no idea how to deal with B2B post play. Both JJ and Kessler are drowning out there in the post.

Also this is the first team that is playing Reaves the way USA plays against white guards against other teams. Pressure the ball and he just doesn't have the juice to deal with it consistently. This has been fascinating to watch.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
don't care how bad BI looks, put him back in and let him hoop. it's ant and 4 guys that can't create for themselves