Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Campbell is a really good coach.

He is. People (including me, I was guilty of that ) just see him as a big goofy jock and he's more than that.

He trusts in his team! Think about this, remember when Caldwell was coaching, a good coach but too damn conservative bro, never wanted to go for it, especially at times when he should have! Dan growing on me
mfer ain't scared and he trusts and has confidence in his team!!!

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
7-2. While I don't think we're gonna score 40 every game going forward, THIS is the offense they envisioned after the draft. Mongtomery and Gibbs in the backfield, both capable of catching passes. St Brown and LaPorta across the middle. Reynolds downfield. Jamo in the screen game (that should have been a TD, flag was bullshyt and we did the same shyt later in the game for a TD without it being called) and downfield. Now we got DPJ coming in, taking over whatever role Ben Johnson envisioned for Marvin Jones. And a healthy, dominant o-line making it all work.

Defense has to be better. Herbert is the last great QB we're going to see until the playoffs so I'm not too worried but man...gonna be hard to win on the road in January without being able to stop Hurts consistently. Which makes me feel like securing that 1st seed becomes more of a priority now than ever. Good news is our schedule is cake after today, whereas Philly and the Niners got some tough challenges ahead. I thought the Niners might struggle today against the Jags but they blew them off the field lol.

I hope James Houston can come back back in December or January. This team needs pass rush, BAD. And it's gotta be a priority in the draft next year, alongside secondary help. Really makes me wish we had taken Joey Porter Jr or Deonte Banks in the 1st round instead of Campbell (who made some plays today, admittedly).

vino

Superstar
Daps
7-2. While I don't think we're gonna score 40 every game going forward, THIS is the offense they envisioned after the draft. Mongtomery and Gibbs in the backfield, both capable of catching passes. St Brown and LaPorta across the middle. Reynolds downfield. Jamo in the screen game (that should have been a TD, flag was bullshyt and we did the same shyt later in the game for a TD without it being called) and downfield. Now we got DPJ coming in, taking over whatever role Ben Johnson envisioned for Marvin Jones. And a healthy, dominant o-line making it all work.

Defense has to be better. Herbert is the last great QB we're going to see until the playoffs so I'm not too worried but man...gonna be hard to win on the road in January without being able to stop Hurts consistently. Which makes me feel like securing that 1st seed becomes more of a priority now than ever. Good news is our schedule is cake after today, whereas Philly and the Niners got some tough challenges ahead. I thought the Niners might struggle today against the Jags but they blew them off the field lol.

I hope James Houston can come back back in December or January. This team needs pass rush, BAD. And it's gotta be a priority in the draft next year, alongside secondary help. Really makes me wish we had taken Joey Porter Jr or Deonte Banks in the 1st round instead of Campbell (who made some plays today, admittedly).

This upcoming chicago game is exactly what the defense need to build some momentum. It’s at home too.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

:wow:

Only played two games and has the same amount of pass defenses (2) as Tracy Walker. I like Walker but Gardner-Johnson is clearly better against the pass.

Saw a tweet that Campbell just said James Houston might be able to come back in late December, didn't sound super hopeful. We'll see.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Maybe late December? Could be back for the Cowboys game on 12/30, or Vikings on 1/7. Either way he should be ready to go in the playoffs, which would either start somewhere between January 13-15th if we get the #2-7 seed, or the following weekend if we get the #1 seed bye.

EDIT:

Cast off, putting weight on it. Progress.

Last edited:

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Detroit’s inactives: Defensive tackle Levi Onwuzurike, defensive tackle Brodric Martin, guard Jonah Jackson (wrist/ankle), defensive tackle Isaiah Buggs, receiver Antoine Green, cornerback Steven Gilmore and linebacker Trevor Nowaske.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont like Gibbs as the main back, Montgomery still must be banged up. And he just fukked up his block