Official 2020 South Carolina Primary Thread: Joe Biden wins in blowout!

Who wins the Democrat primary in SC?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • Bernie

Votes: 57 59.4%
  • Warren

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Steyer

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Mayor Pete

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amy Kloubacher

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

I think Bernie clearly made gains in SC but Clyburn with that older electorate is indeed the king maker.

basically a delagate watkins cat
cq5dam.web.1200.675.jpeg

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Serious question can anyone explain Biden's appeal to blacks?

I wonder this too.

On this site it seems like we're constantly debating who's going to do what for black ppl.

We even dive into their Black agendas and what they promise to do for us.

I haven't heard shyt about what Biden gon do for blacks

Airfeezy

All Star
Daps
I wonder this too.

On this site it seems like we're constantly debating who's going to do what for black ppl.

We even dive into their Black agendas and what they promise to do for us.

I haven't heard shyt about what Biden gon do for blacks

That’s the frustrating part you won’t wins like this don’t help. Leading Candidates know they don’t have to speak to our issues because of a lot of us vote based off of emotion like being fond of Joe’s ties to Obama. I’m extremely frustrated with the outcome of this primary

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Not Obama's fault at all. Stop.
1. African Americans were targeted for subprime loans by banks.
2. Obama and his justice department let these banks, the majority of whom committed fraud, off the hook and gave them billions of dollars in low-interest loans.
3. Obama had the opportunity to mitigate a large portion of the damage brought about by the aforementioned banks but instead chose not to.
Before Obama’s election, Congress specifically authorized the executive branch, through the $700 billion bank bailout known as TARP, to “prevent avoidable foreclosures.” And Congress pointedly left the details up to the next president. Swing senators like Olympia Snowe (Maine), Ben Nelson (Nebraska) and Susan Collins (Maine) played no role in HAMP’s design. It was entirely a product of the administration’s economic team, working with the financial industry, so it represents the purest indication of how they prioritized the health of financial institutions over the lives of homeowners.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
He would of course get the vast percentage of black folk that came out to vote. Keywords being came out to vote.

Maybe a black vp would motivate more black folk to actually come out :yeshrug:
His weakness is among the white college educated. Juicing the black vote won’t win him Florida or Pennsylvania

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The one thing that is super annoying to me is that they describe SC Black people as a representation for all BP. And that is no disrespect to SC. But SC Black people is different from NY Black people. New York Black people are different from Texas Black people. The media act like all Black people think the same.

People on The Coli think that all black people are the same.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Thats a lie. South Carolina the outlier of the primaries.
He didn’t win any majority black state in 2016 against one person and he’s not going to do with 5 (of which 3 are polling badly).

Face it. Bernie is a known face. If black people were going to join him in mass, they would have done it by now.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
He didn’t win any majority black state in 2016 against one person and he’s not going to do with 5 (of which 3 are polling badly).

Face it. Bernie is a known face. If black people were going to join him in mass, they would have done it by now.
This is a false argument. Sanders does well with black voters everywhere but the South. Imagine that - a progressive who does poorly in the south. His only goal was to keep the margin low.