Official 2020 Democratic Primary Debate Thread

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
update: Democratic debate lottery to be held at NBC's 30 Rock

Democratic debate lottery to be held at NBC's 30 Rock

A lottery to determine where candidates are placed on stage in the first Democratic presidential debate will take place Friday morning at NBC’s headquarters at 30 Rockefeller Plaza.

Democratic National Committee (DNC) staffers told representatives from the presidential campaigns of the plan to hold the lottery at NBC during a logistics call last week, according to three sources with knowledge of the call. The campaigns have been invited to send representatives to witness the drawing.

Results will be announced right after the drawing is held.

Spokespeople at the DNC and NBC did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Candidates and their campaigns have until Wednesday to qualify for the debates, either by showing at least 1 percent support in three qualifying polls or by attracting 65,000 individual donors, with at least 200 of those donors coming from 20 different states.

At least 14 candidates have met both the polling and donor criteria, guaranteeing them one of the 20 spots on the debate stage. Six other candidates have met the polling threshold, without having reached the donor threshold.

Four candidates — Montana Gov. Steve Bullock (D), Rep. Seth Moulton (D-Mass.), Miramar, Fla., Mayor Wayne Messam and former Sen. Mike Gravel (D-Alaska) — have not yet met either threshold.

Those who qualify will be divided between two debates scheduled for June 26 and 27 in Miami. Candidates with the highest polling averages will be split between the two nights along with candidates with lower polling averages to avoid the appearance of a kid’s table debate

The debates will air on NBC News, MSNBC and Telemundo.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
The moderators for the debates will be: José Díaz-Balart, Savannah Guthrie, Lester ****, Chuck Todd, and Rachel Maddow.

NBC.MSNBC_.Telemundo.Moderators.jpeg

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont even see the point of watching this :yeshrug: you cant distinguish yourself among 20 people all saying "donald trump sucks, vote for me". shyt should be trimmed down

ill catch the highlights and gaffes

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
i dont even see the point of watching this :yeshrug: you cant distinguish yourself among 20 people all saying "donald trump sucks, vote for me". shyt should be trimmed down

ill catch the highlights and gaffes

Nothing else on wednesday night tv will come close to the entertainmrny thats for sure

Ill be watching

I wanna see if yang can debate up to what he claims to be as a debater

I want to see bernie and biden and how they interact

There are many other intriguing angles too

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Nothing else on wednesday night tv will come close to the entertainmrny thats for sure

Ill be watching

I wanna see if yang can debate up to what he claims to be as a debater

I want to see bernie and biden and how they interact

There are many other intriguing angles too
The second lineup is intriguing because Warren is the highest in the polls there and almost everyone else is a non-factor. If anyone is going to get attacked it is her.
Looking for Tulsi to make a mark.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
The second lineup is intriguing because Warren is the highest in the polls there and almost everyone else is a non-factor. If anyone is going to get attacked it is her.
Looking for Tulsi to make a mark.

Dont get me wrong imma watch both but purple has more heavy hitters

Someone is gonna come after warren and all her plans but its gonna be someone that isnt noteworthy at all

I still like tulsi but shes dead in the water unless a war pops off and thats a longshot still

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Bernie about to serve up some Progressive ether to Biden. :banderas:

Progressives cannot complain about this lineup IMO. They put Biden on stage with Bernie and Yang. I like it a lot.

:bernielaugh:

Yang happy as shid he can next to Biden and really have people google "WTF is that Asian man with :smugbiden: ?"

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
This is just too many candidates man.
I'm mostly looking forward to Tulsi. Man look at the lineup on the second day.

Predictions???

nbc_night_1_debate-publicity-h_2019.jpg

ASFOHEOA5NBM7I43SH2ND75YF4.png

Predictions?

It's interesting, Yang made the big table and Warren didn't.
I wish it was Tulsi instead.