Office Space Appreciation Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let's :salute: this classic
215px-Office_space_poster.jpg

We were in highschool when this hliarious gem came out, being forcefed the Career Day lie, that if we went to college our foots were immediately in the door. :pacspit:

13 years later, as reality sets in, how many of you can relate to Peter and the Initech crew as you troop in this :trash: job field.

Classic film :salute:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Remeber when Peter said this:

"Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work

Raise hands, if you can relate :whistle:
That's me erday. Classic movie.

Ze Pequeno

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
Just saw this movie for the first time.
Bill Lumbergh the Goat.
This scene had me dying, ridiculous.
They had my man move his desk six times until he ended up in the basement and they stopped paying him

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Man i just finished watching this movie and its even better now that im in my 30s. This movie and the matrix made me vow to never work in a fukking cubicle. Lawrence is one of the greatest characters ever.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
This movie should be required viewing for anyone who starts working in an office.... A lot of it is closer to reality than you would think.

True story: I was working in a law firm a couple years after this movie came out. Every now and then, my co-worker would bring in his laptop and we'd play the movie while we ate lunch. Now we had what we called Conflicts reports, based on the research we did on potential clients for the firm. Depending on the company (we did a lot of work for large insurance companies), the reports would be MASSIVE, like almost 300-500 pages each. So we'd just send the requesting attorney an electronic copy, so he could filter out what he needed. But our idiot managing attorney, thought it would be a great idea to print these things out... :mindblown: "I would just feel better knowing we had access to them when we need them" But we're NEVER going to need them, once the requesting attorney gets them! But she insisted. So one day a couple weeks later, we're watching Office Space, and it gets to the part about TPS reports, and it hit me and my man on some
giphy.gif
and we looked at each other and slowly said "Conflicts Reprorts..." I was like "turn it off, man, this is hitting too close to home" :russ:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Remeber when Peter said this:

"Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work

Raise hands, if you can relate :whistle:
I got a promotion based on that. Basically we were a small company still at the time. So there was a lot of down time. My coworkers would all congregate in the hallways bullshytting around with each other. I was always in my office usually reading or posting on SOHH. Come review time I was told that I don't have to work so hard and can socialize more. When it came time to assign a new manager they referenced me being such a hard worker as the main reason for giving me the manager job.