O-Block officially raises rent to $1900 a month. Is this a deal ?

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Ain’t nobody living there paying that much. They most definitely have some type of voucher program. What this does though is make the government pay more towards the voucher. It’s a way to increase revenue for the property owners.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Ain’t nobody living there paying that much. They most definitely have some type of voucher program. What this does though is make the government pay more towards the voucher. It’s a way to increase revenue for the property owners.
How does the govt combat this? I’m sure they’re aware. For example what’s stopping them from charging $3000 a month all because they know the govt is paying it

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
How does the govt combat this? I’m sure they’re aware. For example what’s stopping them from charging $3000 a month all because they know the govt is paying it

He's 100% right and I'm sure they have some sort of income requirements to stay there. The housing authority authorizes up to a certain amount so that increase was already approved, they'll say this much is authorized and the landlord can charge up to that amount. The government pays their portion and honestly, the tenants probably pay less than 100 or so a month. That increase probably means nothing to the residents to be honest, it's probably just to get a higher guaranteed portion from section 8.

BEN23

All Star
Daps
I doubt the rent there is 1400 even for the governments part.....Ive seen Chicago rents and you can get something way better in a better neighborhood...for that amount.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
About to be No Block.

Great demons dispersed near suburban black america.