NYTimes Magazine: 1619 Project about the 400 years of USA African history; Pulitzer Prize WINNING!

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
Sadly these publications from newspapers only create more division since they are owned by those dividing.

Btw...black folks been here before the slave ships....

How do you think it was divisive and to who?
I know New York times be on some fukk shyt but I think this project was important cause it didn't tell a white washed version of history.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do you think it was divisive and to who?
I know New York times be on some fukk shyt but I think this project was important cause it didn't tell a white washed version of history.

They always write pieces during election season which get the racial choose a side blood flowing.

White Washed version is assuming black folks history in the states began in 1619.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
There is no America without Black people. Everybody knows it.
I've been thinking about this year, 2019, this being the 400th year since the first slave ships hit America...and what's been happening recently.

The history of Africans all around the world is deep, especially in America. White America, would like to not even acknowledge that this is how America came to be. It wasn't the hard work or European settlers, it was exploitation, it was blood sweat and tears of slave labor. That's why these stories are important that's why it needs it to be told...as painful and heartbreaking as it sometimes is to read these testimonies, narratives, and stories, it really sheds light on the perserverance and legacy and the strength and testament of African Americans...unbreakable.

Again, you can't let this get obscured or whitewashed...put these stories out there for the world to see.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They always write pieces during election season which get the racial choose a side blood flowing.

White Washed version is assuming black folks history in the states began in 1619.
:mjlol: so when did it begin then?

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
There is no America without Black people. Everybody knows it.
I've been thinking about this year, 2019, this being the 400th year since the first slave ships hit America...and what's been happening recently.

The history of Africans all around the world is deep, especially in America. White America, would like to not even acknowledge that this is how America came to be. It wasn't the hard work or European settlers, it was exploitation, it was blood sweat and tears of slave labor. That's why these stories are important that's why it needs it to be told...as painful and heartbreaking as it sometimes is to read these testimonies, narratives, and stories, it really sheds light on the perserverance and legacy and the strength and testament of African Americans...unbreakable.

Again, you can't let this get obscured or whitewashed...put these stories out there for the world to see.

:ohlawd:

giphy20.gif

i only come to the coli for the succellent meats.