NYPD no longer allowing beards

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Shouldn’t be an issue if they got a beard Exemption :manny:
I mean most black people have ingrown hair which is a condition(Folliculitis barbae) they should be able to see a dermatologist to get out of that

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
To be fair, if this policy is what stops you from becoming a cop, then the public is probably better off with you not becoming a cop.
My company had this rule also. No beards, no visible tats, no jeans, must wear polished shoes etc. Most of those rules went out the window once the higher-ups got younger and the boomers retired.

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
I know military does it for gas mask fit. Guess same can apply to police :yeshrug:

I remember they had us shave our beards in the hospital when Covid started so we got good seal with N95s
Police could definitely be put into situations where a gas mask is needed at anytime while on duty. I don't see a problem with this. :yeshrug:

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
These jobs man. Let yt massa tell you how to wear your own facial hair, cop brehs

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I know military does it for gas mask fit. Guess same can apply to police :yeshrug:

I remember they had us shave our beards in the hospital when Covid started so we got good seal with N95s

military has medical exemptions for black men because of Pseudofolliculitis Barbae(PFD).

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps

Knew that was a bunch of bullshyt soon as I thought about the thousands of middle easterners we was supposed to fight that didn’t seem to have that issue

I couldn’t grow a beard at the time so I really didn’t give a fukk just an observation