NWA Cast Weighs in on Controversial Casting Call

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Didn't watch the video but......
The posting, broken down into categories: A Girls, B Girls, C Girls and D Girls, described “A Girls” as: “Models. MUST have real hair – no extensions, very classy looking, great bodies. You can be black, white, asian, hispanic, mid eastern, or mixed race too.”

And “D Girls,” the apparent lowest of the low, as: “These are African American girls. Poor, not in good shape. Medium to dark skin tone.”
Wow

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Not as well as the one for Exodus, but then again what could one expect from the privileged group that is black males. :manny:
You should go see the movie & give up the rah rah feminist nonsense for once. They have hoes (yes hoes) of all skin tones in the movie so save your fake outrage for some other cause.

Black director, black screen-writer, and a mostly black cast. Even touches upon several black issues & sheds light on their misogynistic lyrics.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You should go see the movie & give up the rah rah feminist nonsense for once. They have hoes (yes hoes) of all skin tones in the movie so save your fake outrage for some other cause.

Black director, black screen-writer, and a mostly black cast. Even touches upon several black issues & sheds light on their misogynistic lyrics.
Black director and a black screenwriter, yet that racist casting call still existed. :jbhmm: Let me guess both the director and screenwriter were black males? :ohhh: I'll ignore your pathetic language to say.that of course they didn't adhere to the casting call after all of the backlash that they received. Now, toodles.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets

Fake outrage? I bet you would be up in arms if someone told you to save your fake outrage when you're talking about police brutality towards black men. :comeon:

And it's not a black movie that anyone should support. It's hardly historical. It's the same old hip hop story.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
So what would you have preferred the women casted in this movie to look like?
I don't care about what the women who were casted looked like. I care about the disgusting categorizations of black women in the casting call, and the insinuation that dark skin, poverty, and obesity are synonymous. I also care that black males instead of correctly denouncing the disgusting casting call they dismiss it by saying things like "they didn't mean anything by it" knowing full well that they would have been crying if they were the target. Though that kind of indifference is to be expected from a privileged group.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
A lot of dark skin females in the movie
That's not what the criticism is about. They would be incredibly stupid to follow the original casting call guidelines after the tremendous backlash they received. Black males had no problem boycotting the discriminatory casting in a white movie (Exodus) when it affected them, but when a movie by and for them had a discriminatory casting against black women it was "herp derp" or "they didn't mean anything by it".

Last edited:

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Fake outrage? I bet you would be up in arms if someone told you to save your fake outrage when you're talking about police brutality towards black men. :comeon:

And it's not a black movie that anyone should support. It's hardly historical. It's the same old hip hop story.
Wow, you negged me. How will I go on?

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/sandra-bland-may-have-been-dead-in-her-mugshot.339481/ Yeah, I definitely only care about police brutality when it concerns black men.

Now, don't quote me again. I don't have time to be getting into strung out arguments over frivolous shyt with internet activists.