Nubian Queen Halsey Opens Up About Being A ‘White-Passing’ Black Woman

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When I said you can only be black or white I meant in relation to the social construct of race in America not the biological reality of race which says there is only one race (the human race).

Black and White are social constructs. The only race that is biologically legit is the human race.
but society already recognizes biracials. you're just waiting for whites to change classifications.

DarrynCobretti

Fresh out the bed, count up the dead
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All this drip on me
She's essentially a white girl who was raised by a white woman...does she really expect us to view her white ass as a black woman?:stopitslime:

She looks like the type who will only claim her black side when it's convenient for her, in reality she can't relate to the African-American experience in any way.
She ain't one of us.
giphy.gif

Just realized the title of this track from her perfectly describes her..

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Nah. Typically kids follow the father (regardless of race). If he's black they look more black. If the father is white, they typically look more white.

As with anything there are exceptions. This being one of them.
Genetics doesn't give a fukk about that. It's a toss up either way.

Y'all didn't pass 9th grade Biology.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
She is of Italian and Hungarian descent on her mother's side and African-American and some Irish on her father's side.

She tweeted this. Her dad mixed and her mom blk. She like a quarter blk and 3/4 attention whore. But I like her music and I think she is pretty. Must be her blk blood.:francis:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
She is of Italian and Hungarian descent on her mother's side and African-American and some Irish on her father's side.

She tweeted this. Her dad mixed and her mom white. She like a quarter blk and 3/4 attention whore. But I like her music and I think she is pretty. Must be her blk blood.:francis:

:ohhh: That's explains a lot. She's a quadroon, not a Mullato.