NPD November( COD Top Selling Game Of Year After 1 Month,Highest $ Since 2012 In Franchise)

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Ok so lets say 9 million - fukk it lets say 10 million.. the hype for the game been gone, so where does the other 10 million sales come from?

And im not sure where you are getting double the sales from it C L E A R L Y says its counting physical + digital sales for Call of Duty and is at 4.4 million.
Do you see 4.4mil anywhere in the press release in the op? No because NPD doesn't give exact numbers anymore. That 4.4mil number came from a leak that specifically said that the number represents physical retail sales only. Unless you actually believe no game in the past 12 months has sold 4.4 mil.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Do you see 4.4mil anywhere in the press release in the op? No because NPD doesn't give exact numbers anymore. That 4.4mil number came from a leak that specifically said that the number represents physical retail sales only. Unless you actually believe no game in the past 12 months has sold 4.4 mil.

NPD gives numbers given to them from Activision, which was stated 4.4 million (you said you saw physical copies, I didnt read physical copies. I read physical + digital). It said the game created a lot of revenue, but unlike previous call of duties, this had in game purchases from day 1. So that is accounted for in revenue.

When they announce the actual numbers, it wont be near what you think it is (10+ million).

I know games have sold over 4.4 million.. thats why its ridiculous for NPD to state Call of Duty as best selling game of 2017 because its clearly not

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
NPD gives numbers given to them from Activision, which was stated 4.4 million (you said you saw physical copies, I didnt read physical copies. I read physical + digital). It said the game created a lot of revenue, but unlike previous call of duties, this had in game purchases from day 1. So that is accounted for in revenue.

When they announce the actual numbers, it wont be near what you think it is (10+ million).

I know games have sold over 4.4 million.. thats why its ridiculous for NPD to state Call of Duty as best selling game of 2017 because its clearly not
Revenue from DLC after the initial sale isn't counted.

Revenue from collectors editions, delux versions etc, is counted.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
4.4 million in 1 Month in 1 territory. That's not worldwide numbers.

Cod games always have incredible legs.
how can a game with yearly releases have "incredible legs"?

I'm pretty the majority of their sales come at launch. maybe a few more people will get the game for xmas, but that's about it

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

I'm pretty the majority of their sales come at launch. maybe a few more people will get the game for xmas, but that's about it

not only that but the buzz from the game is completely dead

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Amazed at Mario Kart 8D still finding its way on these charts. checked the Eshop the other day and it's killing it there on the top games.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I bought it this month:manny:

Great game, you'll play it a lot if you have someone to play it with. If not, it's honestly gonna depend on your mood if you pop the game back in or not.

I played the Wii U one A LOT more than I did the switch one. Me, my sis and bro played that and Smash Bros a lot.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
not only that but the buzz from the game is completely dead
I'm sure some people still play it, but it's not as big as it used to be. I put 1000's of hours into the COD games, but now I have no desire to play that shyt

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Because the games routinely chart top 10 for the entire year.

Black ops 3 was still showing up on npds this year.

The vast majority of games chart a month and then are gone if they chart at all.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Black ops 3 was still showing up on npds this year.
you sure you're not talking about Black Ops 2? it got a bunch of sales (during a slow time) because of backwards compatibility. it also showed that people would rather play a COD from 2012