Now we all know size matters in a fight, but what about weapons?

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
So we all know that a 5’5 dude is getting demolished by a 6’6 dude any day of the week. Implying the 6’6 dude has at least an elementary understanding of fighting.

But how would that factor if it the 5’5 dude had a weapon? Guns don’t count.

But like a baseball bat, golf club, brass knuckles, knife, etc.

Do you think the sheer size and reach of a man over a foot taller could overpower a 5’5 dude holding a weapon?

Rules:

-The element of surprise doesn’t count.

-They both assume a fighting stance in an open area

-The 5’5 dude can have any weapon of his choice, so long as it isn’t a gun, tazer, or pepper spray.

- 6’6 dude is unarmed.

-The 6’6 dude has the massive weight advantage, of course.

Last edited:
Daps
Well they say weight is power a baseball bat compensates for a lack of power provided small dude knows how to use it.

Brass knuckles will crack any jaw.

Bruce Lee with nunchucks would murk everyone. A bo staff has a ridiculous amount of range.

Police routinely bust people up with batons

People forget that there are a lot of illegal MMA moves in traditional martial arts like those leg break stomps that a smaller fighter could easily use to nullify the size advantage.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Makes you more dangerous, but not always more likely to win. if a woman came at me with a bat, i'd prolly still be able to wrench that shyt away from her. but she may bloody me up nice before i do. for example.
if somebody is significantly weaker than they'll need the weapon and training with it to even the odds. not just one or the other.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
So we all know that a 5’5 dude is getting demolished by a 6’6 dude any day of the week. Implying the 6’6 dude has at least an elementary understanding of fighting.

But how would that factor if it the 5’5 dude had a weapon? Guns don’t count.

But like a baseball bat, golf club, brass knuckles, knife, etc.

Do you think the sheer size and reach of a man over a foot taller could overpower a 5’5 dude holding a weapon?

Rules:

-The element of surprise doesn’t count.

-They both assume a fighting stance in an open area

-The 5’5 dude can have any weapon of his choice, so long as it isn’t a gun, tazer, or pepper spray.

- 6’6 dude is unarmed.

-The 6’6 dude has the massive weight advantage, of course.

Height alone doesnt matter if the shorter guy is stronger and/or more skilled than the taller guy. A 5'5 grappler type weighing 200+ is murdering a guy who is 6'6 170ish off mass, center of gravity and strength alone if he closes the distance.

King

Daps

Height alone doesnt matter if the shorter guy is stronger and/or more skilled than the taller guy. A 5'5 grappler type weighing 200+ is murdering a guy who is 6'6 170ish off mass, center of gravity and strength alone if he closes the distance.

There’s literally a reason why that vid has 32 million views.

There’s always gonna be once in a lifetime outliers. 9/10 , if not even more, tall dude is winning.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
There’s literally a reason why that vid has 32 million views.

There’s always gonna be once in a lifetime outliers. 9/10 , if not even more, tall dude is winning.
Then explain Mike Tyson consistently knocking out dudes taller than him then:beli:
If you think that height alone makes a superior fighter by default, you clearly know jack shyt about fighting.

King

Daps
Then explain Mike Tyson consistently knocking out dudes taller than him then:beli:
If you think that height alone makes a superior fighter by default, you clearly know jack shyt about fighting.
Mike Tyson was 5’11

Not 5’5

That’s a 6 inch height difference.

A 5’5 dude would fighting Mike would be the equivalent to Mike fighting a dude that was 6’5.

And Mikes tallest opponent ever was 6’6. And that’s if the dude wasn’t actually 6’5 IRL.

LordOfTheTalentedAndLazy

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I’m not a big dude so I’m for sure not shooting the fair one with some 6’5” motherfukker.

I’m doing whatever I can to de-escalate and walk away. If there’s no possible way to avoid it then he’s catching a knife to the throat, a taser, or three shots center mass depending on where I’m at and what I brought out with me that day. Ideally the taser or gun though because I don’t even want to get close.

I look at any street fight as life & death. I’m not fighting any fukking body unless I’m willing to put them in a grave and deal with whatever repercussions stem from it.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Mike Tyson was 5’11

Not 5’5

That’s a 6 inch height difference.

A 5’5 dude would fighting Mike would be the equivalent to Mike fighting a dude that was 6’5.

And Mikes tallest opponent ever was 6’6. And that’s if the dude wasn’t actually 6’5 IRL.
Breh, youre making it sound like all 6'5 dudes are powerhouses and all 5'5 dudes are frail. Theres way too many variables involved in fights to simply call it on height. There have been plenty of short fighters who have beaten taller fighters in many combat sports, and these are both skilled individuals. Many a cat has run into some vicious Ls assuming shyts sweet just cuz theyre tall :ufdup:

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Unfortunately height/weight doesn't equate to an automatic win.

Especially in a street fight.

There's this weird thought between people who don't fight/wont fight/havent been in many fights
Thats a dude who has boxed for 20 years or a wrestler that has wrestled for 20 years or a 20 year mma veteran is going to adhere to training as if some referee is standing by to deduct points or disqualify them.

If you think a boxer won't punch you in the back of your brain stem when you cover your head with your arms and duck down, you're in big trouble.

If you think a wrestler isn't going to put both hands around your throat and strangle you, your dead wrong.

If you think an MMa dude ain't going to kick you directly in the front or side of your knee cap and try to break your knee or if you go down on one leg/knee on the ground that he won't kick you in your head or chin or administer knees or elbows to your face and head.........
joe-biden-dem-debate.gif

King

Daps
Breh, youre making it sound like all 6'5 dudes are powerhouses and all 5'5 dudes are frail. Theres way too many variables involved in fights to simply call it on height. There have been plenty of short fighters who have beaten taller fighters in many combat sports, and these are both skilled individuals. Many a cat has run into some vicious Ls assuming shyts sweet just cuz theyre tall :ufdup:
No it ain’t :heh:

Overcome over a foot in height short brehs

5acfdb1d146e7124008b4796

Daps
A fair one with a bigger dude isn’t really a fair one so to mitigate that melee weapons are acceptable blunt objects.

Bladed weapons go a little too far and might be an issue in a court of law but if somebody I don’t know attacks me for no reason believe I’ll fight dirty.

There’s big dudes and then there are gargantuan dudes like Shaq, Big Show and Floyd mayweathers Bodyguards. If someone is that big and you are Kevin Hart’s size it might be difficult to hurt them with anything not bladed, because of their sheer mass not height. They like have an extra bit of armour.

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/LWO/NYY/NYR/ALA
Royce Gracie/No Holds Barred era UFC disprove the size thing. Smaller dude with skills>>>>. Hell, UFC 8 was labeled “David vs Goliath” and had small fighters vs bigger ones. Don Frye (a David) won the tournament (back then you had to fight 3 times in the same 2 hour PPV to win the championship)

Last edited:

King

Daps
Royce Gracie/No Holds Barred era UFC disprove the size thing. Smaller dude with skills>>>>. Hell, UFC 8 was labeled “David vs Goliath” and had small fighters vs bigger ones. Don Frye (a David) won the tournament (back then you had to fight 3 times in the same 2 hour PPV to win the championship)

Breh don’t pull that BS

Royce was LITERALLY 6 FOOT 1

Going up against guys who were 6’3 - 6’4 MAX. That’s barely a 3 inch height difference.

We’re talking about over a foot (12 inches) in height difference here.