Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Portland absolutely needs to trade Dame rather than ‘build around him’. But the problem is, they’re gonna be absolutely set 1-3 with a young core: Simons, Sharpe, Scoot/Miller :banderas:

So if I’m Portland I don’t want a guard in return. But at the same time, there is a very small window of feasible, available young 4/5s. That list is:

Bam- Heat won’t let him go
Siakim- doesn’t match Portland timeline
Scottie Barnes- :jbhmm:
Wendell Carter- wouldn’t trade dame here
Jalen Duren- wouldn’t trade dame here
Keegan Murray-wouldn’t trade——ehhhh
Kuminga- :jbhmm:
Zion- dame too old to trade for Zion
Chet- Dame too old
Sengun or Jabari- this is my favorite trade return, but it’s impossible to make the money work

So unless it’s a 3 team trade, you got Johnathan Kuminga or Scottie Barnes. GS wold need to include wiggins, Draymond, or route Poole elsewhere. Then you ask is Toronto giving up a 21 year old Barnes for a 34 year old Dame. Portland is kinda fukked unless they make it a 3 team trade

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Portland absolutely needs to trade Dame rather than ‘build around him’. But the problem is, they’re gonna be absolutely set 1-3 with a young core: Simons, Sharpe, Scoot/Miller :banderas:

So if I’m Portland I don’t want a guard in return. But at the same time, there is a very small window of feasible, available young 4/5s. That list is:

Bam- Heat won’t let him go
Siakim- doesn’t match Portland timeline
Scottie Barnes- :jbhmm:
Wendell Carter- wouldn’t trade dame here
Jalen Duren- wouldn’t trade dame here
Keegan Murray-wouldn’t trade——ehhhh
Kuminga- :jbhmm:
Zion- dame too old to trade for Zion
Chet- Dame too old
Sengun or Jabari- this is my favorite trade return, but it’s impossible to make the money work

So unless it’s a 3 team trade, you got Johnathan Kuminga or Scottie Barnes. GS wold need to include wiggins, Draymond, or route Poole elsewhere. Then you ask is Toronto giving up a 21 year old Barnes for a 34 year old Dame. Portland is kinda fukked unless they make it a 3 team trade
Zion would work, but the problem would be Portland looking for insurance if Zion become what he is in NO

Braman

Superstar
Daps
They think they're getting all that for a guy with four career playoff games? :mjlol:

Y’all just like to meme. That’s nothing bruh.

1- it just says ‘first round pick’, not lottery. If you’re an already good team 2 firsts is nothing.

2- salary filler is just that. Just to make the $ work

I could see Levine going to:

-Nola. Instead of trading Zion load up even more. Levine for Daniels, #14, next years pick

CJ- Levine-BI-Zion-Jonas

-If Portland trades #3 for Zion, Levine to Portland for Simons, #22, and future first first

Dame-Levine-Sharpe-Zion-Nurkic

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Zion would work, but the problem would be Portland looking for insurance if Zion become what he is in NO

You read my mind, Zion to Portland to play with the youngins makes more sense than Zion and dame.

But I thought about it the other way around: if I’m Nola I want a lil more insurance since dame is old.

Which is a reminder of the elephant in the room which is Dame ain’t good enough to carry a team to a title. :francis: A team of Dame-CJ-BI-Valenciounas and it STILL wouldn’t be enough. Meanwhile that
same core with Zion was a 1 seed :francis:

But yea if I’m Portland I trade Dame for Zion and don’t think twice. Even if he gets hurt it’s worth it. Simons, sharpe, Miller, Zion, Nurkic :damn: