Normani Debut Solo Album Dopamine Discussion Thread 06/14/24 Out now! 🚀

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Enjoying it to be honest. It's a dope ass album so far.

You know what's great is outside of the first song it doesn't sound like she's trying too hard and forcing it. It sounds completely natural.

Hopefully this means she'll release more music or at least some of her tracks she was holding.

Last edited:

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Don't hear any hits on this so far but it's a solid album. Expected more after waiting 6/7 years.

One thing I do love about Normani is she has one of those sultry, sexy ass speaking voices. :whew:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
pretty generic pop... and I hate when the singles sound more inspired than the album. she went from saying playful shyt like "booty on bubonic" to just singing about having a phat ass and being a baddie. her ass not even that phat for real...

it's giving Chloe Bailey for sure... if this came on in the hookah lounge I wouldn't be able to tell u who it was.. she just getting her foot in tho, but compared to camila cabello's debut it's def not as inspired.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
pretty generic pop... and I hate when the singles sound more inspired than the album. she went from saying playful shyt like "booty on bubonic" to just singing about having a phat ass and being a baddie. her ass not even that phat for real...

it's giving Chloe Bailey for sure... if this came on in the hookah lounge I wouldn't be able to tell u who it was.. she just getting her foot in tho, but compared to camila cabello's debut it's def not as inspired.

I laughed out loud @ "the ass on that bad bytch is fat as a bytch"

VY2wmdR.png

I went off in the Tems thread, but the writing on these modern albums is horrific, especially the women

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
This shyt vibes fr! 🔥🔥🔥🔥/5

WAP energy all through the speakers :wow:

It'll have your girl twerking, then switching up into a slow whine on your face :damn: :damn:

Side note: Production is top notch :ehh: none of that basement-sounding shyt. For a debut album, well done!