Normal for a dude's sex drive to decrease in mid-20s?

semtex

:)
Daps
im a 26 year old dude. I don't know if:

A) this is just a normal part of growing up and those teen/early 20s hormones are calming down.

B) I'm becoming asexual somehow.

C) it's because I see very few women day to day being in IT so there's just less stimulation than there was in academic environments.

I lead a healthy lifestyle, career thriving, lifting and eating well. My only vice is alcohol once or twice a week. I also have bouts of depression. I just feel I should still be booming with sexual desire like I was 3+ years ago.

EDIT: I still get spontaneous erections and morning wood and all that so it's not hormonal

Any insight?

Last edited:

Fun Sized Psycho

Floating on tooth shaped clouds
Supporter
Daps
Are you asking about men?

I personally haven't seen a decrease in sex drive because of my age, but I do have it because of birth control. I know it's the birth control, because when I'm off it (to get my period) it comes back with a vengeance. :mjcry:

semtex

Daps
Are you asking about men?

I personally haven't seen a decrease in sex drive because of my age, but I do have it because of birth control. I know it's the birth control, because when I'm off it (to get my period) it comes back with a vengeance. :mjcry:
Talkin bout dudes (myself)

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I think it's normal as you get higher into your 20s especially if you've been "active" for a while. Mine comes and goes, it's completely off right now.

semtex

Daps
I think it's normal as you get higher into your 20s especially if you've been "active" for a while. Mine comes and goes, it's completely off right now.
Well I've been inactive, very career focused the last few years. Even outside of work I spend time building my resume. So I think it's just fallen by the wayside

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Well I've been inactive, very career focused the last few years. Even outside of work I spend time building my resume. So I think it's just fallen by the wayside

If I recall correctly, you're actually attractive, work on getting yourself a gf (get outside, go to some stuff for young non-ratchet people). Are you still in NC? I might have some recs :smile:

Also be easy on that post count, it's up there

semtex

Daps
If I recall correctly, you're actually attractive, work on getting yourself a gf (get outside, go to some stuff for young non-ratchet people). Are you still in NC? I might have some recs :smile:

Also be easy on that post count, it's up there
Damn y'all don't forget nothing around here. Yeah that post count I hadn't even paid attention to :merchant: