no thread about the pastor banning weaves yet?

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
Your avi is disgusting. This is not a relationship one night stand site. stop it.

damn chop thats ice cold

youngchopthings5.jpg

Lol...I changed it just for u...

If thats the sexiest you can look, then dont even reply to me

Lol this thread isn't about me..so I'll keep it regular..but I thought you didn't like vaginas anyway?

Just not yours
YOOOOOOOO I HAVENT LAUGHED THIS HARD IN SO LONG

YOUNG MAYWEATHER.....EVERY RESPONSE WAS A DIRECT HIT

8.gif

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
Pastor A.J. Aamir spoke on AmericanPreacher.com about why he told his parishioners that weaves are simply unacceptable in the eyes of the Lord. The pastor at Resurrecting Faith believes that the devices present a false image of women. He also says that they are reflective of low self-esteem coming from women who are trying to be something that they are not.

“Our black women are getting weaves trying to be something and someone they are not. Be real with yourself is all I’m saying” said Pastor Aamir.

It’s easy to see why the preacher would come up with such a rule, when you consider his upbringing. The pastor grew up in a strict Islamic household, one that didn’t mess around. The pastor says that women should focus more on developing their minds, not just focusing on their appearance.

“Long hair don’t care. What kind of mess is that? I don’t want my members so focused on what’s on their heads and not IN their heads” he told AmericaPreachers.com.

Pastor Aamir cited members of his congregation having financial troubles yet still managing to get $300 weaves as a problem. No one tell him about Foxy Brown dropping $900 on a weave, and allegedly skipping out on the bill.

Do you think the pastor is overstepping his bounds or do you agree? Do hair extensions count or no? What about struggle braids?

I agree with the pastor.

Ikwa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Long hair don't care. What kind of mess is that?
:dead:

I agree with the pastor, black women should be ashamed of themselves trying to look white.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I understand where he's coming from and I can feel his message but straight up banning weaves from the church is stupid and counterproductive, as a pastor his job isn't to mandate what and how his church memebers wear their hair but to provide religious guidance and teaching. He should stress in his sermons that black women should value themselves and their seek to continually enlighten their minds rather than cause controversy and scandal by banning weaves. I guarantee he'll get more scrutiny and allegations of sexism and elitism than he will influence female thought on the subject matter by his actions

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
worry about weaves instead of actually fixing the community...okay :rudy:
Weaves is one of the problems with the community.

Plus I like how you say instead like he would chose one and not do the other. Who says that he isn't doing both. :stopitslime: