No Poison No Paradise - The Official Detroit Lions 2014 Offseason Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Now that Schwartz is gone, getting a new head coach is the first priority to (hopefully) get this ship on course. I know none of us actually have our hopes up that they'll make the correct hire, but who would you like to get?

Looks like Todd Bowles is first in line. He almost got the gig in 2009, but we know who they went with instead. :upsetfavre: He was the defensive coordinator for the Cardinals this year and they had a fantastic unit.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/12/30/5258698/lions-coaching-rumors-todd-bowles

I still prefer a guy with head coaching experience. Gruden appears to be uninterested in coaching again, so my next choice would probably be Ken Whisenhunt. Won a Super Bowl as an offensive coordinator for Pittsburgh, took the fukking CARDINALS to the Super Bowl as their head coach and helped resurrect Phil Rivers' career in SD as their offensive coordinator this season.

Draft/free agency needs? They still have holes in the secondary, need a legitimate #2 WR (don't want Mayhew drafting one though :huhldup: ) and could probably use a couple new LBs as well.

@eastside313 @wire28 @NormanConnors @SwiggyCabrera24 @NigerianDonDada @Ed MOTHERfukkING G @Knights89 @Maizeandbluekid @iceberg_is_on_fire @manyfaces @*Hulks Up* @irishfury @luckyse7enz @Poitier @detroitwalt @FukkAPaidEmail @blockburna420 @dh86

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
that Cardinals defense this year has been :wow:, they would have been dangerous in the playoffs.

after further review I like either Bowles (would like to see what he could do with our pieces on D) or Whisenhunt (he would definitely be good for Stafford, have him watch a ton of tape on Kurt)

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Now that Schwartz is gone, getting a new head coach is the first priority to (hopefully) get this ship on course. I know none of us actually have our hopes up that they'll make the correct hire, but who would you like to get?

Looks like Todd Bowles is first in line. He almost got the gig in 2009, but we know who they went with instead. :upsetfavre: He was the defensive coordinator for the Cardinals this year and they had a fantastic unit.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/12/30/5258698/lions-coaching-rumors-todd-bowles

I still prefer a guy with head coaching experience. Gruden appears to be uninterested in coaching again, so my next choice would probably be Ken Whisenhunt. Won a Super Bowl as an offensive coordinator for Pittsburgh, took the fukking CARDINALS to the Super Bowl as their head coach and helped resurrect Phil Rivers' career in SD as their offensive coordinator this season.

Draft/free agency needs? They still have holes in the secondary, need a legitimate #2 WR (don't want Mayhew drafting one though :huhldup: ) and could probably use a couple new LBs as well.

@eastside313 @wire28 @NormanConnors @SwiggyCabrera24 @NigerianDonDada @Ed MOTHERfukkING G @Knights89 @Maizeandbluekid @iceberg_is_on_fire @manyfaces @*Hulks Up* @irishfury @luckyse7enz @Poitier @detroitwalt @FukkAPaidEmail @blockburna420 @dh86
:salute:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I didnt want Lovie before but Im warming up to him. Wiz would probably be nice too and I think they are probably going to go with him. We need discipline first and foremost and just common sense. But as we know common sense isnt so common. When its 3rd and one, you dont have to prove how smart you are. Football is simple, give it to Joique, get the first down and keep it moving. Dont go in a fukkin 5 WR set and try and hit a quick slant.

This team will hinge on Stafford so whoever they bring in has to either help Matt or bring in somebody that can or we will forever be mediocre.

We need more WR depth but I think a more accurate Stafford will make Durham and Pettigrew look better.

Bush is too injury prone. At this point Joique is pretty much the starter so we need to bring in a 3rd back we would be comfortable with being the #2 (or see if Riddikk is good enough to be the man).

Secondary obviously needs work and probably should be the priority. As well as speed at linebacker.

Also obviously we need a kicker.

Its hilarious we went from division leader to top 10 draft pick but hopefully they use it wisely. I dont know much about this years draft but they may want to try and flip it and trade down a couple spots to get an extra 3rd or something. A top 15 pick with an extra 3rd rounder could help them get a good first round talent and possibly pick up another contributor on the second day of the draft.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
eBFJg.gif

to all my lions fam

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Interviewing bowles probably just getting rooney rule out the way. Wouldnt mind bowles but need coach that can fix stafford. Whisenhunt probably makes most sense. Wouldnt mind jay gruden or stanford head coach either. Or maybe giving josh mcdaniels another shot.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I didnt want Lovie before but Im warming up to him. Wiz would probably be nice too and I think they are probably going to go with him. We need discipline first and foremost and just common sense. But as we know common sense isnt so common. When its 3rd and one, you dont have to prove how smart you are. Football is simple, give it to Joique, get the first down and keep it moving. Dont go in a fukkin 5 WR set and try and hit a quick slant.

This team will hinge on Stafford so whoever they bring in has to either help Matt or bring in somebody that can or we will forever be mediocre.

We need more WR depth but I think a more accurate Stafford will make Durham and Pettigrew look better.

Bush is too injury prone. At this point Joique is pretty much the starter so we need to bring in a 3rd back we would be comfortable with being the #2 (or see if Riddikk is good enough to be the man).

Secondary obviously needs work and probably should be the priority. As well as speed at linebacker.

Also obviously we need a kicker.

Its hilarious we went from division leader to top 10 draft pick but hopefully they use it wisely. I dont know much about this years draft but they may want to try and flip it and trade down a couple spots to get an extra 3rd or something. A top 15 pick with an extra 3rd rounder could help them get a good first round talent and possibly pick up another contributor on the second day of the draft.
Bell should be the primary back next year. He can do everything Bush does without putting it on the ground or getting injured.

Like you said, Stafford's obviously the key to the whole team, which is why Whisenhunt would be my preferred choice. A consistent track record of getting the best out of his QBs whether as a coordinator or head coach. Let's not forget, Warner was basically left for dead before he signed with Arizona.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Schwartz needed to go, no excuse for that kind of meltdown near the end of the season.

Seriously, the Lions just need to improve that oline a bit and cut down on the damn mistakes. There is no reason this squad can't win 12 games...way too much talent at the right positions to not be making the damn playoffs

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Schwartz needed to go, no excuse for that kind of meltdown near the end of the season.

Seriously, the Lions just need to improve that oline a bit and cut down on the damn mistakes. There is no reason this squad can't win 12 games...way too much talent at the right positions to not be making the damn playoffs
:what:What team was you watching. The oline is in great shape. Two rookies on right side played at probowl level and rieff was great all year. Sims is solid. Just needs to find raiola replacement. C aint that hard to find

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
:what:What team was you watching. The oline is in great shape. Two rookies on right side played at probowl level and rieff was great all year. Sims is solid. Just needs to find raiola replacement. C aint that hard to find
I have watched only a few games from the lions and the rest have been highlights tbh. It seemed like Stafford got rushed too much and got sacked 88 times the past 3 seasons (although improving)

Does he hold the ball too long? What position should the lions draft?

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A number of quality picks to choose from, so I am confident we'll get a good one. Both sides of the ball were too inconsistent so I'll be paying attention to coordinators and their track records.

Draft/fa needs have been pretty much covered- for me a safety would be great. The lions played a great amount of nickel under Gunther/Jim so that third lb-ie Palmer wasnt all that vital. New coaches, new schemes, we may need an upgrade. Also someone better in middle

Joique Bell is a resticted fa, and he needs to be signed back. He should be carrying the load-a key to fixing Stafford maybe keeping it out of his hands lol.

Suh got a high cap number, so expect an extension to allow moves to be made

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
O line is good but I wouldn't call reiff great.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
I have watched only a few games from the lions and the rest have been highlights tbh. It seemed like Stafford got rushed too much and got sacked 88 times the past 3 seasons (although improving)

Only qb to sacked less than stafford was Peyton manning.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

Outside of maybe manning he is probably the least touched qbs in the nfl.
Biggest need to me in cb but dont think anyone in draft is worth top ten pick. I know lions fans are scared to pick another wr in draft but sammy watkins would be perfect on other side of cj.