No man’s sky massive update whoa

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
This is one of those games I always say I’m going to get into, play for a couple of hours and never revisit. As said above, it takes a while to get to the cool stuff and by then gameplay gets kinda stale.

I got it for 5-10 bucks years back so can’t complain :yeshrug:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Been very tempted to buy this recently..this could push me over. For anyone who's played, when you are deep in space what is it like? Do you get that feeling of isolation etc, I need a game to get lost in
Not really a such thing as deep space. You're either on a planet or in space nearby and in between the planets, not much else. By nature, with procedural generation you're going to wind up finding things that look extremely similar before too long. The game could benefit from more variety because once you've seen about 30 or 40 planets, you've seen most of what the game has to offer on that front. For me, there's a handful of looks that I seek out and like to build bases on, so that's what keeps me going - seeing how creative I can be in my favorite locations. The game is like 20 bucks on CDKeys so it's worth it. Early game and learning the systems is a grind but about 30 hours in you kinda hit that critical point where you have everything you need or can easily get everything you need. From them on it's just deciding if you want to start optimizing your ships and stuff.

Screwtape

All Star
Daps
Not really a such thing as deep space. You're either on a planet or in space nearby and in between the planets, not much else. By nature, with procedural generation you're going to wind up finding things that look extremely similar before too long. The game could benefit from more variety because once you've seen about 30 or 40 planets, you've seen most of what the game has to offer on that front. For me, there's a handful of looks that I seek out and like to build bases on, so that's what keeps me going - seeing how creative I can be in my favorite locations. The game is like 20 bucks on CDKeys so it's worth it. Early game and learning the systems is a grind but about 30 hours in you kinda hit that critical point where you have everything you need or can easily get everything you need. From them on it's just deciding if you want to start optimizing your ships and stuff.

Appreciate the reply, the lack of variety is pretty much what has stopped me from buying it.. But at that price plus the update and I just got a decent pc, I'm gonna grab it.

There was a master system game in about 91 that had young me lost in space, I think it was Star flight, you could choose a crew and travel to planets mining, other ships would send you comms and scan your ship to see if your crew members contained anyone they had beef with.. It was fukkin dope as shyt, so that's the nostalgic type feeling I'm looking for.. But this no man's sky has its own thing and it looks beautiful. Probably grab soon thanks breh

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
Been very tempted to buy this recently..this could push me over. For anyone who's played, when you are deep in space what is it like? Do you get that feeling of isolation etc, I need a game to get lost in
The game definitely can make you feel small in the large scheme of things. But you’re in a star system 99% of the time. You can warp and stuff.

the universe feels big but you never feel alone.