Nintendo Switch Successor confirmed to be announced this fiscal year

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It'll be fully backwards compatible with regular switch cartridges and the joycons and pro controller will sync with it.

I don't know what'll he the driving point to make people upgrade but it is what it is

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
MK9 is the one game i don't know where they can go. Where realistically can they take Mario Kart now? MK8Deluxe with the dlc pass is as close to a perfect game as u gonna get.
I mean yea u can simply do (smash bros kart) but :scusthov:

Smash Bros will simply get the MK8Deluxe treatment for the Switch 2.
Ground up. :manny:

They can make it faster and better to control like MK Wii. As good as MK8 is, there's a lot to be said about the actual gameplay being kind of mid and the balance being incredibly ass.
It'll be fully backwards compatible with regular switch cartridges and the joycons and pro controller will sync with it.

I don't know what'll he the driving point to make people upgrade but it is what it is
Brehs said they wanted a Switch Pro. :manny:

If they get a performance boost and retro compatibility with that insane Switch library...

tenor.gif

I'm really just looking forward to the games tho.

motionlessZombie

All Star
Daps
I'd say it was pretty innovative as far as the entire form factor was.

Wasn't the first portable, nor was it the first portable providing native system graphics.

However, it was innovative in the sense for console games with how you can easily go from playing a game on a handheld to a game on any TV with a dedicated controller in a sleek transition with zero downtime.

The Switch is basically a re-designed Wii U. Instead of having a controller with a huge screen and a console box, the Wii U controller became the main console that you can dock on the dock port and play on TV.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
MK9 is the one game i don't know where they can go. Where realistically can they take Mario Kart now? MK8Deluxe with the dlc pass is as close to a perfect game as u gonna get.
I mean yea u can simply do (smash bros kart) but :scusthov:

Smash Bros will simply get the MK8Deluxe treatment for the Switch 2.
They can do things such as a hub world based campaign mode like Diddy Kong Racing. New items, maybe redo the double dash mechanic from the GC game and have flying/surfing mechanics from karts that transform like Sonic All Stars racing transformed. The gliding and anti-gravity stuff was cool but it ultimately felt like a quick gimmick in the track as opposed to how in SASRT the entire track would change. There's so much they can still do.

For Smash bros I don't think that would work though as Ultimate was seen by many as a "deluxe" version of SSB Wii U.

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
The Switch is basically a re-designed Wii U. Instead of having a controller with a huge screen and a console box, the Wii U controller became the main console that you can dock on the dock port and play on TV.
Yeah, looking back, the Wii U straight up looks like a prototype.

They can do things such as a hub world based campaign mode like Diddy Kong Racing. New items, maybe redo the double dash mechanic from the GC game and have flying/surfing mechanics from karts that transform like Sonic All Stars racing transformed. The gliding and anti-gravity stuff was cool but it ultimately felt like a quick gimmick in the track as opposed to how in SASRT the entire track would change. There's so much they can still do.

For Smash bros I don't think that would work though as Ultimate was seen by many as a "deluxe" version of SSB Wii U.
They need to have stats actually matter and to allow people to change their setups between races in GPs. (And better AI)

You're right about Anti-Grav though. You rarely notice it in most tracks if you skip the cinematic pan.

Ideally, they should have more F-Zero like tracks to really showcase it.

Smash is pretty easy to build upon too.

Just have a goddamn single-player mode like Subspace again. It's really that simple.
Ultimate is wack af. The netcode is garbage, everyone plays on WiFi, and the single player is a bust.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

They need to have stats actually matter and to allow people to change their setups between races in GPs. (And better AI)

You're right about Anti-Grav though. You rarely notice it in most tracks if you skip the cinematic pan.

Just have a goddamn single-player mode like Subspace again. It's really that simple.
Ultimate is wack af. The netcode is garbage, everyone plays on WiFi, and the single player is a bust.
Yes, the subspace emissary combined with the world of light would be dope. Also a simple Adventure mode like Melee would be amazing. Also, bring back board the platforms and break the targets. Idk why they keep taking out good stuff that was in the older games.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hopefully the dope games are in 60 fps because games like Xenoblade 3 and Bayo 3 could use the boost.

But if I’m being honest I’m not all that hyped unfortunately :francis:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Hopefully the dope games are in 60 fps because games like Xenoblade 3 and Bayo 3 could use the boost.

But if I’m being honest I’m not all that hyped unfortunately :francis:
Prob because you are looking at PS4 Pro performance for the successor. Which is a big upgrade since Switch was a little below base Xbox One. It's just that when current gen that is still a noticeable downgrade from PS5/PC/Series X.

The key will be handheld mode since hardcore gamers will be comparing that with the Steam Deck. Well casuals will still eat the switch up since the Deck ain't something for them.

I wonder after everything with Yuzu if Nintendo will explicitly make it much harder to emulate.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Nintendo games have such high potential for online multiplayer gaming, but outside Splatoon it's never utilized to its potential. :unimpressed:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Prob because you are looking at PS4 Pro performance for the successor. Which is a big upgrade since Switch was a little below base Xbox One. It's just that when current gen that is still a noticeable downgrade from PS5/PC/Series X.

The key will be handheld mode since hardcore gamers will be comparing that with the Steam Deck. Well casuals will still eat the switch up since the Deck ain't something for them.

I wonder after everything with Yuzu if Nintendo will explicitly make it much harder to emulate.
I don’t really care for handheld mode and I’m no casual so how does that work? :jbhmm: :patrice: