Nintendo president regarding acquisitions: "We don't want none of y'all nikkas" :scust:

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nintendo is in a league of its own. Nintendo would have died long ago if it continued to compete with Sony & Microsoft. I imagine developing their games is much cheaper since they’re not trying to push their hardware to the limit thus their profit margins are likely ridiculously high. I wouldn’t change shyt either

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You think Nintendo wasn't hand holding the process?
My point is if you're going to let external companies develop your software nothing is wrong with acquiring external companies. You let people not part of your DNA work on your IPs.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
the irony is mario + rabbids is like my favorite mario game in a long time, especially on the switch

Daps
My point is if you're going to let external companies develop your software nothing is wrong with acquiring external companies. You let people not part of your DNA work on your IPs.

Acquiring developers or whole publishers the way Sony and Microsoft are and integrating them into Nintendo is different from the partnerships that Nintendo has with certain developers

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

There's a big difference between cooperation on a project and acquisition to become a part of the company. Even the second party studios are homegrown.