Nintendo has big plans for Super Mario Bros.’ 35th anniversary of Mario

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
64 still 4:3 :mjcry:

I really wish to got a full remake Crash N Sane Trilogy style. It's still fun to play but the textures are so low res and the camera is such dogshyt I just wish they would redo it from the ground up.

Galaxy legit looks stunning in 1080p. What a gorgeous art style for that game, the assets still hold up all these years later much better than some PS360 games

Yeah the camera is terrible. Don’t remember it being that bad.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Playing Galaxy with a Pro controller, with simple traditional controls is a simple pleasure I've wanted for over a decade :mjcry: I appreciate Nintendo for trying to think outside the box but fukk the Wiimote and nunchuck for life

To be fair controls in Galaxy on the Wii wasn't that bad compared to other first party titles. The real treat in this collection is getting Galaxy in 1080p 60 FPS.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To be fair controls in Galaxy on the Wii wasn't that bad compared to other first party titles. The real treat in this collection is getting Galaxy in 1080p 60 FPS.

It's definitely one of the better ones. I've never played a badly controlled Mario game. I just hated waggle altogether. I appreciate the applications that came from widespread adoption of motion controls, especially in the Switch, but I just wanna control my games with buttons, d-pads, and joysticks. I could fw VR too, and gyro aiming is GOAT-tier, but other than that just leave shyt traditional :russ:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
It's definitely one of the better ones. I've never played a badly controlled Mario game. I just hated waggle altogether. I appreciate the applications that came from widespread adoption of motion controls, especially in the Switch, but I just wanna control my games with buttons, d-pads, and joysticks. I could fw VR too, and gyro aiming is GOAT-tier, but other than that just leave shyt traditional :russ:

I feel the same. I hate how in Mario Odyseey that you could technically play the game whole game with the pro controller, but their is shyt that you can only do with JoyCons. Thank god I didn't have JoyCon issues when I played that when it came out. Playing with the Pro Controller with the Switch feels so comfortable.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel the same. I hate how in Mario Odyseey that you could technically play the game whole game with the pro controller, but their is shyt that you can only do with JoyCons. Thank god I didn't have JoyCon issues when I played that when it came out. Playing with the Pro Controller with the Switch feels so comfortable.

like what?

I didn’t realize you had to use the joy-con for anything

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I can't remember what it was, but there was one thing that I straight up couldn't do on the Pro, I was completely good just going without it. Even the convoluted ass spin I would rather just do with buttons and the joystick

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Playing Galaxy with a Pro controller, with simple traditional controls is a simple pleasure I've wanted for over a decade :mjcry: I appreciate Nintendo for trying to think outside the box but fukk the Wiimote and nunchuck for life
I hated Nintendo for that shyt. I turned in my Nintendo stan card between GameCube and Switch honestly

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hated Nintendo for that shyt. I turned in my Nintendo stan card between GameCube and Switch honestly

I know the feel breh :francis: they were handheld only in that period for me. Outside of my dad having a Wii

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

One thing I gotta praise the Wii for was the virtual console. The first time playing DKC 2 and 100% ing Super Mario World was :wow:

But honestly, I stopped gaming like a year after XB1, and PS4 came out and didn't get back into gaming until a few months after the Switch came out. The Wii U was so bad looking back. Literally the only thing you had to look forward to was the first party games.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One thing I gotta praise the Wii for was the virtual console. The first time playing DKC 2 and 100% ing Super Mario World was :wow:

Switch should have the best backwards compatibility this gen, but they completely abandoned a great program. That b*stardized shyt they're doing with Nintendo Online :scust: I don't even check for what new games they do put out

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
Are y’all jumping from each game or focused on just one? I’ve only booted up 64 so far.
Went straight for 64 and gave it an hour. Went to galaxy and wasn’t really pumped about it. Tried sunshine a few days later and got annoyed with the damn controls. Feels worse than I remember.

probably just finish up 64 then the other 2