Daps
oh like when Nike gave back Kawhi's logo when he asked for it right:mjgrin:

Not the same thing
CieFaPK.gif

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
I remember Adrian Peterson tried to change his number and Reebok charged him a million bc it was the cost of the jerseys that were produced by then. He had to buy their stock first. He didn't do it bc as a player he only got paid a small percentage from jersey sales

Lebron could easily afford the cost of the merch already produced, or Nike could just take the hit they make billions. He didnt really want to change his number.

:sas2:

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Lebron could easily afford the cost of the merch already produced, or Nike could just take the hit they make billions. He didnt really want to change his number.

:sas2:
Tell them what they want to hear to get them there.

"Sam Amick of The Athletic got some of the details on how James plans to pitch Leonard, and let’s just say that it may assuage some of those concerns that Leonard wouldn’t be the first star. It sounds like James doesn’t care who gets the credit, he just wants to put his team in the best position possible to win. It sounds like LeBron James is more than happy to defer to Kawhi Leonard, should the superstar free agent decide to join the Lakers."

LeBron James reportedly plans to tell Kawhi Leonard that he’ll take ‘more of a complementary role than ever before’ if Leonard joins the Lakers

AD is about to learn a hard lesson. Better wait to sign that extention.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Said from the beginning it was weird how Bron could make a number change in July.....you got to request it months in advance. Nike made so many 23s there's no way could take that hit.
Actually it's because they over produced the 23 for LBJ.....not because it's late

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Actually it's because they over produced the 23 for LBJ.....not because it's late

thats the reason they have the March deadline tho. So they dont keep making new jerseys and sell all the existing inventory. I'm sure they produced more jerseys after March 15.

They cost like $2 to make... What....

yeah but they make millions of them....plus shipping em out, advertising, etc.

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
no its pretty much exactly the same thing:umad:

Lebron: I want to wear #6
Nike: "No"

Kawhi: I want you use my Nike owned logo on these New Balance shoes
Nike: "No"

No.

Lebron: Can I please have your permission to give my friend my jersey number?

Nike: it’s “May I” and No nikka :camby:

Lebron : :mjcry:

Kawhi: aye lemme get my logo back,

Nike: nah we keeping that.

Kawhi: word? See you in court playa :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Nike thinks it's more financially beneficial for consumers not to buy AD and Bron jerseys this season because people know it'll change next season, than to let Bron change numbers this season and just take the production hit..