Nigerian Singer Ayra Starr is gonna Blow Up

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
It’s the style, the choppiness of their vocals comes from old skool Afro music. Lol you think an old skool Fuji singer or juju singer has straight vocals like that
In popular music central and south africans had vocals. Fela, Sunny Ade etc were good instrumentalists but their voices weren't that good compared to Makiadi, Fassie and them. Lagbaja was straight though. Somebody needs to bring back his style.

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
I agree about weak vocals

Nneka can sing
Asa can sing
Ayo can sing
Simi has a good voice not strong but lovely in a song bird way

But they don't shake ass so no worldwide exposure

I need to put the coli on on East African RnB, listen to Bien's(Kenyan) Alusa why are you topless for a start followed by Maurice Kirya's Omwooyo(Heart). There's nothing wrong with shaking ass though, our women have expressed themselves like that since before "twerking" and "whining" were words known to us.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
In popular music central and south africans had vocals. Fela, Sunny Ade etc were good instrumentalists but their voices weren't that good compared to Makiadi, Fassie and them. Lagbaja was straight though. Somebody needs to bring back his style.
South Africans probably have the Strongest vocals I have ever heard in my life you’d be really hard passed to find anyone that could outsing them

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Please get that garbage ass tyla bytch out the way for the Black Queen. Light lust really got brehs in an clutch. Arya should have been the one