Nick Saban, welcome to Austin, TX (UPDATE: regent confirms Saban wanted Texas/dtown vindicated!)

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
you heard it here first

Nick Saban still in play, stay tuned :cheff:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
:what: is this Bullshyt
we lost him to the streets.

jeff5.jpg

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
247's Bobby Burton update this morning on how it went down. I trust Bobby more than almost anyone.

At the meeting Friday afternoon, Mack Brown was told it was his decision.

At that time, Powers and Patterson had fully expected that Brown would offer his resignation because of back-room talks. But here's the part most people are missing on. Those "talks" weren't always with Brown, some of them were with his close "allies".

And Brown never committed to anything. It was, in part, wishful thinking by Bill Powers.

Following the meeting, Brown told some people that he was told it was his decision whether to stay and that he planned on staying on as head coach.

That's when I wrote he will remain as head coach.

Powers had thought Brown might still "come to his senses" and resign, but that just wasn't going to be the case. I can tell you without equivocation that Brown was absolutely intent on staying.

In the meantime, Chip Brown went nuclear, accusing Powers of being in "cahoots" with Mack Brown.

So that leads us to early yesterday when UT president Bill Powers spoke with several influential and wealthy alumni who had had enough (and some on Friday night, too).

Powers met with Mack Brown yesterday around noon. At that time, Powers made it more than clear to Brown that it was time to step aside.

Brown then, and only then, said he would tender his resignation.

Let the record be written, Mack Brown was forced out. Not surprising. But that's reality.

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
“I’m looking at it like we’ve got to start all over again, that this is 2007 again,” Saban told ESPN.com Saturday after agreeing to a long-term extension with Alabama.

“We’ve had a lot of success here, but we’re going to have a new quarterback next year and lots of challenges. Some of the issues on our team this year had to do with complacency and winning too much. We have to get back to having the kind of character, attitude and competitive spirit that we need to have.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
“I’m looking at it like we’ve got to start all over again, that this is 2007 again,” Saban told ESPN.com Saturday after agreeing to a long-term extension with Alabama.

“We’ve had a lot of success here, but we’re going to have a new quarterback next year and lots of challenges. Some of the issues on our team this year had to do with complacency and winning too much. We have to get back to having the kind of character, attitude and competitive spirit that we need to have.
RIP everyone on scholarship there

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
As a Texas Alum, I just wanted Saban to be hired just for the fukkery that would ensue in Alabama and across the college football world. On the other hand, I would rather have a new coach that does not have a big time legacy at another school like Saban does at Alabama already. I think Charlie Strong, Mark Dantonio or David Shaw is the best option as far as college HCs. Only NFL guy I would like is Jon Gruden who I think would be interested in the job as well, even though he keeps saying he is staying with MNF.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
He can go straight to hell.

MACK IS OUT. But he fukked us. He waited for Saban to sign the extension to fukk US. He didn't want Saban.

What doesn't make sense?

most definitely.
If Saban really wanted to go there and the School wanted him Mack resigning on Saturday wouldn't change any of that.

There was no deadline for Saban to sign that extension.