NFL Sunday Ticket NOT available on any console this year...PS3 included.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/14/ps3-wont-get-nfl-sunday-ticket-this-year-does-receive-live-eve/

The NFL's regular season is just around the corner, but those hoping to fire up their PlayStation 3 consoles to stream games through DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket app will need to find a new method. Sony recently confirmed to IGN that the service will not be available on PS3 this year.

The reason for the switch remains unclear, though Microsoft announced a partnership with the NFL during its Xbox One reveal event in May that has yet to be clarified. The partnership involves live broadcasts of NFL games through Xbox One. Additionally, those that pre-order the special edition of Madden NFL 25 through Amazon this year receive a free year of NFL Sunday Ticket's PC and mobile service.

PS3 owners won't be totally in the dark, however, as the console received a new Live Events Viewer app this week. The app offers both free and pay-per-view streaming options for sporting events and other live entertainment events like concerts, starting with WWE's SummerSlam this Sunday. Live Events Viewer is free to download from the PlayStation Store.

Update: DirecTV has confirmed with Joystiq that NFL Sunday Ticket will not be available on PS3, nor will it be available this year on Xbox 360 or Xbox One.

Update #2: DirecTV has also confirmed that NFL Sunday Ticket will not be available through the PS4.

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
stupid for owners of both. does Directv not want money? what are they partnering with anyone for? give access to the package to anyone that wants it. this is strange considering the fact they are basically giving the mobile/pc package away as part of Madden 13 for $40. they realize anyone with half a brain knows how to stream or hook up a pc/tablet/phone to a tv right?

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They want people to subscribe to DirecTv.

I just left direct tv because they tried to juice me after a year and not give me shyt but higher prices...I will just use the madden package fukk em.

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
I heard something about the streaming thing you get with Madden not working if Direct Tv is available in your area.

If that is the case theree is no point in buying it unless you live in bumfukk no where.

Madden 25 Anniversary Editon page on Amazon said:
EachAnniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices. For fans who are able to receive DirecTV service, a special promo code will be included entitling them to an exclusive promotion, including $10 off per month for their first year of service, and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

It seems existing DTV subs get a redeem code that entitles them to free ST MAX for a year

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
I heard something about the streaming thing you get with Madden not working if Direct Tv is available in your area.

:merchant:

hope this isnt true. im getting every cent back from amazon if it is. fukk all this exclusive shyt. put everything up for sale for whoever wants it and :eat: