NFL and 2K announce a multi year deal

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
True, but people shyt on 2K games a lot now even on this site, so that’s what has me questioning people’s excitement about it.

They've become microtransaction heavy and have neglected the core components of the game which are fair criticisms. Beyond that, what they're doing now can't be applied to the NFL 2K series. 2k5 is the holy grail of sports games. There were gameplay features that to this day haven't been implemented in Madden. If All Pro Football didn't flop, they'd still be in the football space.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
They've become microtransaction heavy and have neglected the core components of the game which are fair criticisms. Beyond that, what they're doing now can't be applied to the NFL 2K series. 2k5 is the holy grail of sports games. There were gameplay features that to this day haven't been implemented in Madden. If All Pro Football didn't flop, they'd still be in the football space.

But wouldn’t they find a way to do implement microtransactions to the NFL 2K series though. Especially since they see how lucrative it is with the NBA side of gaming.

2K5 was nearly 16 years ago, and 2K isn’t the same 2K that it was back then for the most part.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: PS4

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
I hope think the ‘non-sim’ comment is being blown out of proportion

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I've said it, I'll keep saying it. I had a huge part of 2k becoming what it was.

ESPN, i gave them that direction.

I was with Sega, 2k sports aka take 2 has no intentions of reviving what once was. They never reached out, they wouldn't know where to go if they wanted to.

There has been no evolution after my involvement, just ideas anyone should "expect" as opposed to revolutionizing.

This deal upsets me, because suits have killed off our sports games. Nothing will change. They should bring back all pro 2k with upgraded graphics and easy player editor features so people can download rosters. But don't count on it, just move on :to:

b. woods

Peace
Daps
NFL LOVES exclusive deals (Nike, etc.). :francis:

EA Sports does NOT want to come up off the exclusive rights to NFL gaming. :francis:

Expect them to re-up on a brand-new deal next year, brehs. :francis:

tjax03

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So is NBA street and NBA Jam considered a non sim game?

tjax03

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
2k has become everything everyone hates about EA so I don't get why people would be hyped even if it was a simulation type game

Naw 2k is still the reason NBA Live went extinct, then tried to come back only to go extinct again.

Trust if they got back in the the nfl madden would be no more. Especially with the things you can do in 2020 with technology.

I still see a non sim NFL game be better than madden. All you need is fun factor, graphics and the ability to play online.

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Naw 2k is still the reason NBA Live went extinct, then tried to come back only to go extinct again.

Trust if they got back in the the nfl madden would be no more. Especially with the things you can do in 2020 with technology.

I still see a non sim NFL game be better than madden. All you need is fun factor, graphics and the ability to play online.
And they'd turn that into a micro transaction ran game that has more to do with accessorizing an avatar than actual gameplay. The business speaks for itself and people like it, but at the same time, this isn't the same 2k that was undercutting big bad EA to get everyone to buy. They're one in the same now, and they're going to prioritize monetization over delivering the best game.