Next Xbox To Feature Ray Tracing, 1TB NVMe SSD Storage; DevKit To Release After GDC 2019 – Rumor

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
With the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One having been released over 5 years ago, there’s no doubt that the next generation consoles from Sony and Microsoft will be released in the near future. We still don’t know much about either of them, but something new on the next Xbox may have revealed today.

In the past few days, a rumorregarding the next Xbox console and Microsoft’s plans for the next console generation started circulating online. Earlier today, a verified ResetEra forums member called hmqq talked about the rumor, confirming that some of the things revealed in the earlier rumor are true. Among them are Ray Tracing and storage, as well as some of the revealed specs.

The rumored specs for the next Xbox console, codenamed Anubis, are:

CPU: Custom 8 cores / 16 Threads Zen 2 CPU GPU: Custom NAVI @12+ teraflops Memory: 16GB GDDR6 Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD @ 1+GB/s DirectX Raytracing + MS AI

Next Xbox To Feature Ray Tracing, 1TB NVMe SSD Storage; DevKit To Release After GDC 2019 - Rumor While the ResetEra user’s identity has been verified by the administration, we still have to take everything with a grain of salt until official confirmation comes in. With GDC 2019 being held in late March, it won’t take much longer for more information regarding the next Xbox console to emerge online. We will keep you updated on the matter as soon as more come in on it, so stay tuned for all the latest news.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
it's like anyone can come up with these rumors. "the new Xbox will have an AMD APU based on their new chipsets, GDDR6, a SSD, and it will support the latest DirectX crap" :yawn:
But it was confirmed by a forum member see...
Earlier today, a verified ResetEra forums member called hmqq talked about the rumor,
So either that's a forum where only devs can post or this story some ol bullshyt.

And yet I believe every word :banderas:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think I'll be sitting this next Xbox out. I have a newly built PC with a RTX 2080 ti and if Microsoft keeps all their games available on both the box and PC then there's not much point in buying it. It won't outpreform a $1300 graphics card.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
i can believe it if they release an $800 high end model. I doubt it because those NVME cards are pretty pricey and Ray Tracing is really expensive for not much pay off