St. Louis, U.S.A.
Only a matter of time.

R.9fcdde64cb6f2b5ba90b7cd62ca8f2e5

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Naw the old tomb raider games were more about puzzles and exploration, action and combat were a very small part of the games.

The new tomb raider games and uncharted are squarely action games.

I’m actually really excited to play to remastered tomb raider games as there’s no game out like them right now.

Would really like for them to make a proper Tomb Raider 4

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
An IP like Tomb Raider just makes you further appreciate what God of War did, transitioning from it's enjoyable but kinda simplistic/cookie cutter beginnings to fully-fleshed out characters, rich lore, revamped game mechanics, and one of the more complex, well-written protagonists in gaming history.

The first four ps1 tomb raiders (1-3 and Revelations) were similar to the GoW series in that they were fun, even iconic games for what they were, but in TR"s case they just haven't been able to transition properly for the new generation of gamers; worse, other IPs outdid them if not beat them to the punch with the innovation.

i.e. Uncharted and Last of Us took that grounded real world combat ish and did it better, whereas Horizon snatched the more surreal/superhuman/supernatural concept of bad ass female fighting dinosaurs and tigers with "guns" while leaping 10 feet in the air etc... and gave that ish to Aloy, making her the new top female, but with mecha T-Rex's to fight n shyt.

And like others have said, i feel TR has failed to provide a worthwhile story, so there really is no emotional attachment to Lara and whoever her supporting cast consists of.

Last edited:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Crystal Dynamics hasnt put a game out since Avengers so i mean hopefully its decent. Last Tomb Raider game was another studio. They didnt even develop the remasters in house. Perfect Dark seems to be in purgatory. I enjoyed all three Tomb Raider games, with Rise being my GOTY that year. But that was a long time ago. Hopefully Unreal Engine 5 carries them to success.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I been playing this remastered trilogy and this shyt has been tough as fukk..:picard:

On the 5th level of tomb raider 1, I'm dedicated to beating this since I let this shyt beat me as a jit