Next Tomb Raider game to be published by Amazon Games

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

Amazon Games Will Publish Crystal Dynamics' Next Tomb Raider Game https://gameinformer.com/2022/12/15/amazon-games-will-publish-crystal-dynamics-next-tomb-raider-game… "The as-yet-untitled new Tomb Raider is a single-player, narrative-driven adventure that continues Lara Croft's story in the Tomb Raider series."

Wario64

Press release for Amazon Games publishing next major Tomb Raider game (which is multiplatform) https://bit.ly/3FUN1eh

11:38 AM · Dec 15, 2022

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
as long as they don't do some dumb thing and make it a luna exclusive I'm down
maybe they're trying to snag the film rights too

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is why i don’t mind embracer or tencent acquiring studios, they don’t even publish their own games :manny:

Take Two is still publishing Borderlands

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This is why i don’t mind embracer or tencent acquiring studios, they don’t even publish their own games :manny:

Take Two is still publishing Borderlands
Still unsure about the quality of the output of the game by Embracer. I think many of their recent games had issues, but curious about how big the budget for Tomb Raider is

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Give us another Uncharted Lost Legacy with Chloe and Nadine. We good on another Tomb Raider game.
I would love another Lost Legacy.. i didnt even consider that they could make another but man that'd be dope.

If they make another Tomb Raider I'll definitely play it but they need to mix it up dramatically if they wanna be GOTY territory. Shadow was as far as you can take it. You got brand new Unreal 5, three games worth of experience and the top team at Crystal Dynamics. This should be their God of War moment.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mid Raider needs to go back to fighting tigers and dinosaurs because they are just a Dollar General version of Uncharted. Uncharted is a beautiful blend of bleeding-edge graphics, amazing character performances, insane set pieces, tight controls and tight gameplay weaved together to deliver an engrossing narrative that is fun to play.

Tomb Raider had good graphics but the shooting mechanics and gameplay was clunky, the sound design for the weapons were horrible and the storytelling and characters were beyond :trash: that I couldn't even tell you someone else's name in the game besides Laura.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Tomb raider is surviving on the name alone at this point. There’s nothing inherently unique or captivating about the IP in 2023 and beyond.

I agree with @Fatboi1 if they bring it back they gotta just make it wacky again. Dual Weilding pistols against a T. rex with a stupid amount of platforming and snark. Chloe is pretty much the character we wanted Lara croft to become

Instead they made it into a lifetime original