Next generation do you think manufacturers will go back to making their own GPUs?

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Why do they use AMD when AMD GPUs are mostly considered lesser?
AMD has made better value to performance GPUs and is on par with current gen consoles to provide better valued GPUs. Nvidia wants to control the top end of gaming while AMD controls mid tier basically. Nvidia will never relase or make GPUs that isnt up to modern tech.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
in the next decade or two nvidia will see heavy competition, because no one who wants to take advantage of AI innovations want to be beholden to them a sole supplier. they have backlogs of orders now. a stupid amount of money is being invested into the chip industry now and owning your chips allows you to lower cost and possibly innovate even faster. the gaming industry could benefit from open source gpu development.
They been saying this the past decade and a half :heh:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
was the money flowing into the industry as it is now?
For the time being, its the same shyt. As years past, more money will be pumped. Gaming industry isnt new nor is people saying how Nvidia will be challenged. No one will dethrone Nvidia except Nvidia themselves. They are the WoW(world of warcraft) of their industry.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
was the money flowing into the industry as it is now?
Thats irrelevant :heh:

People already know how much gaming makes. As years past, more money will be pumped. Gaming industry isnt new just like people saying how Nvidia will be challenged isnt new. AMD is the closest and they aint even near Nvidia's level. No one will dethrone Nvidia except Nvidia themselves. Tey are the WoW(world of warcraft) of their industry.

Last edited:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I don't see them making any plans to design their own chips. Best you get is a customized solution from one of the big fish. I would like to see if anyone taps Apple for something.

Would also be neat to see Intel in the console space again just to compete. Everyone else is there.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I don't see them making any plans to design their own chips. Best you get is a customized solution from one of the big fish. I would like to see if anyone taps Apple for something.

Would also be neat to see Intel in the console space again just to compete. Everyone else is there.
Last two Playstations have been customized chips with their and AMDs engineers. Will continue