New York times retracts '17 intelligence agencys' fake news story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Actually they don't agree FBI highly confident NSA moderately confident, don't you get tired of spreading misinfo all the time, ur info is never accurate u worse than don lemon
This dude. :mjlol:
only crowdstrike did and they refuse to give it up, how you even allowed to not turn over something to fbi:damn:

“The DNC had several meetings with representatives of the FBI's Cyber Division and its Washington (DC) Field Office, the Department of Justice's National Security Division, and U.S. Attorney's Offices, and it responded to a variety of requests for cooperation, but the FBI never requested access to the DNC's computer servers,” Eric Walker, the DNC’s deputy communications director, told BuzzFeed News in an email.

The FBI has instead relied on computer forensics from a third-party tech security company, CrowdStrike, which first determined in May of last year that the DNC’s servers had been infiltrated by Russia-linked hackers, the U.S. intelligence official told BuzzFeed News.

“CrowdStrike is pretty good. There’s no reason to believe that anything that they have concluded is not accurate,” the intelligence official said, adding they were confident Russia was behind the widespread hacks.

The FBI declined to comment.

Beginning at the time the intrusion was discovered by the DNC, the DNC cooperated fully with the FBI and its investigation, providing access to all of the information uncovered by CrowdStrike — without any limits,” said Walker, whose emails were stolen and subsequently distributed throughout the cyberattack.

In a 13-page report made public the last week of December, the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security confirmed in a joint analysis that Russia was behind the widespread hacks, which targeted Democrats with the intention to manipulate the US election. But the analysis was attributed to broad intelligence across both public and private sectors. Nowhere in the report does it say that the government conducted its own computer forensics on the DNC servers.

“Public attribution of these activities to [Russian Intelligence Services] is supported by technical indicators from the U.S. Intelligence Community, DHS, FBI, the private sector, and other entities,” the report says.

j102s5ydh.png

https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/default/files/publications/JAR_16-20296A_GRIZZLY STEPPE-2016-1229.pdf

Meta Reign

I walk the streets like, ''say something, n!gga!''
Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
Just a reminder. Wikileaks hasn't ever had to retract a news story ONCE. Even after being taken to court multiple times.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Yo why are these posters being allowed to run wild in HL with this bullshyt??
you know every time you fukkin guys make a post like this crying about threads like these it brings it back to the top.

so instead of crying about someone's thread that you don't like, just ignore it. Or actually engage it. Posting passive aggressive posts does absolutely nothing but show your feminine traits.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This man said Wikileaks is the only 100% accurate news source.

Wikileaks

If this does not give you enough reason to ignore him and his ilk.

The fukkery :wow:
I'm not gonna defend them(wikileaks) cuz I haven't seen everything they've released.

But what have they released that wasn't accurate?

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
"4 compromised agencies out of 17 ain't bad. I don't mind The NY Times lying to me. I deserve it.:ehh:" -- Average HL retard.

Yes, because the opinions of the Office of Naval Intelligence, the Office of Coast Guard Intelligence, the DEA, and the Geospatial Intelligence Agency's opinions are INTEGRAL to this investigation :mjlol:

The FBI, CIA, NSA, and the DNI (that coordinates between all 17 agencies) though? Their opinions don't matter. :mjlol:

greenygreen

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Name the other 13 that would even investigate such things?

This dude. :mjlol:

“The DNC had several meetings with representatives of the FBI's Cyber Division and its Washington (DC) Field Office, the Department of Justice's National Security Division, and U.S. Attorney's Offices, and it responded to a variety of requests for cooperation, but the FBI never requested access to the DNC's computer servers,” Eric Walker, the DNC’s deputy communications director, told BuzzFeed News in an email.

The FBI has instead relied on computer forensics from a third-party tech security company, CrowdStrike, which first determined in May of last year that the DNC’s servers had been infiltrated by Russia-linked hackers, the U.S. intelligence official told BuzzFeed News.

“CrowdStrike is pretty good. There’s no reason to believe that anything that they have concluded is not accurate,” the intelligence official said, adding they were confident Russia was behind the widespread hacks.

The FBI declined to comment.

Beginning at the time the intrusion was discovered by the DNC, the DNC cooperated fully with the FBI and its investigation, providing access to all of the information uncovered by CrowdStrike — without any limits,” said Walker, whose emails were stolen and subsequently distributed throughout the cyberattack.

In a 13-page report made public the last week of December, the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security confirmed in a joint analysis that Russia was behind the widespread hacks, which targeted Democrats with the intention to manipulate the US election. But the analysis was attributed to broad intelligence across both public and private sectors. Nowhere in the report does it say that the government conducted its own computer forensics on the DNC servers.

“Public attribution of these activities to [Russian Intelligence Services] is supported by technical indicators from the U.S. Intelligence Community, DHS, FBI, the private sector, and other entities,” the report says.

j102s5ydh.png

https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/default/files/publications/JAR_16-20296A_GRIZZLY STEPPE-2016-1229.pdf

yeah the article says crowdstrike gave the fbi access to the information(their own report), no 1 else has seen the server

Status
Not open for further replies.