New warner bros streaming service

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Never mind... YES. WE GET IT FOR FREE @obarth HBO Now subscribers get HBO Max for free. :blessed:

HBO Max
What would be the point of paying for HBO Now at $15 a month when HBO Max includes all HBO shows and is $15 a month? If it came to it people would just cancel Now and sub to Max.

I'm probably not gonna get HBO Max. I already have HBO with my cable and none of the extra content they've announced is enough to get mt to bite.

I also don't like how they won't put up the whole season of shows but want to release them weekly. If they do come out with a show I want I'll just wait till the season ends and sub for a month to watch it then cancel.

I already sub to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and VRV. I plan to add Disney+ so Apple and HBO get kicked to the curb as will Peacock and CBS All Access.

When it's all said and done all these streaming services are gonna cost more than a cable subscription and we'll be getting less content for it. This is what cord cutting brought us. Less for more.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
HBO/HBO Now has 142M subscribers worldwide, that's an automatic 142M subscribers for HBO Max the day of launch. They already won :manny:
HBO subscribers don't get HBO Max unless they sub through AT&T directly. If you sub to HBO through say Comcast then it's a no go. Personally I think they should cancel HBO Go and HBO Now and just have HBO Max and everybody that subs to HBO gets it.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
What would be the point of paying for HBO Now at $15 a month when HBO Max includes all HBO shows and is $15 a month? If it came to it people would just cancel Now and sub to Max.

I'm probably not gonna get HBO Max. I already have HBO with my cable and none of the extra content they've announced is enough to get mt to bite.

I also don't like how they won't put up the whole season of shows but want to release them weekly. If they do come out with a show I want I'll just wait till the season ends and sub for a month to watch it then cancel.

I already sub to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and VRV. I plan to add Disney+ so Apple and HBO get kicked to the curb as will Peacock and CBS All Access.

When it's all said and done all these streaming services are gonna cost more than a cable subscription and we'll be getting less content for it. This is what cord cutting brought us. Less for more.
Meh. I watch a lot more content now than I ever did with cable. And it's on demand. And I cancel when I'm finished with what I want to watch and resub if something else pops off.

Rotating 3 or 4 streaming options>cable sub with the premium channels.

Only when they start locking you into contracts and or have cancelling fees or resubbing restrictions will this be worse than cable.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Meh. I watch a lot more content now than I ever did with cable. And it's on demand. And I cancel when I'm finished with what I want to watch and resub if something else pops off.

Rotating 3 or 4 streaming options>cable sub with the premium channels.

Only when they start locking you into contracts and or have cancelling fees or resubbing restrictions will this be worse than cable.
The new thing is releasing shows weekly. They'll probably also stagger shows. There will be a constant supply of shows so you don't cancel. I'm glad Netflix is mostly sticking to their binge watching guns.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The new thing is releasing shows weekly. They'll probably also stagger shows. There will be a constant supply of shows so you don't cancel. I'm glad Netflix is mostly sticking to their binge watching guns.

Disney+ is also releasing weekly. I like when shows are released weekly. The WATCHMEN thread here wouldn't be nearly as good if we weren't all at the same point in the show.

The best thread on this forum is season 1 of True Detective.

I don't mind binge watching Netflix shows because most of them have a lot of filler episodes so I'm like :comeon: ok let's get to the good shyt..

Also I'm guessing they aren't getting rid of HBO Now because they don't want to make current subscribers go sign up for something else. They will just eventually merge HBO Now into HBO Max.

If you're already paying for HBO through regular cable and you rather pay that I mean.. ok but it makes little sense

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Disney+ is also releasing weekly. I like when shows are released weekly. The WATCHMEN thread here wouldn't be nearly as good if we weren't all at the same point in the show.

The best thread on this forum is season 1 of True Detective.

I don't mind binge watching Netflix shows because most of them have a lot of filler episodes so I'm like :comeon: ok let's get to the good shyt..

Also I'm guessing they aren't getting rid of HBO Now because they don't want to make current subscribers go sign up for something else. They will just eventually merge HBO Now into HBO Max.

If you're already paying for HBO through regular cable and you rather pay that I mean.. ok but it makes little sense
I get HBO free from work so I don't pay for it. The thing that will get me to HBO Max is when VRV inevitably gets shut down. Warnermedia owns Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, and VRV and AT&T owns Warnermedia. Eventually they'll likely just roll VRV over into HBO Max. I'm paying $10 a month for VRV so I would pay $15 if that's my only option.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Good to hear it will be free for directv subscribers. I leech off my mom's account

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I currently have HBO through ATT UVerse, so HBO Max should be free to me when it launches :ehh:. I do drop HBO if there isn't a series I watching, after Watchmen/Silicon Valley/His Dark Materials ends in a couple of months, I can see myself canceling. Then picking it up again the next time they have a couple series I really want to watch.

I am curious how they plan to handle Cinemax, you would think HBO would throw in their catalog of shows (The Knick, Banshee, Strike Back, etc), just to boost up their library and get more exposure for something like Warrior, but I haven't seen it mentioned at all in any of these press releases.

A list of some titles coming to the platform

https://deadline.com/2019/10/hbo-max-list-titles-originals-movies-tv-hbo-1202772182/

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I thought the DC Universe would surely fold into HBO Max but it seems like they are keeping it going and the DC Universe shows will stream first on both platforms.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I thought the DC Universe would surely fold into HBO Max but it seems like they are keeping it going and the DC Universe shows will stream first on both platforms.

That might very well be the case in the future, but right now the only DC Universe show confirmed to come to HBO Max is Doom Patrol.