New switch may not be Backwards compatible according to new leak

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t really think the OLED switch release disproves that a new switch or pro model will release next year though. IMO theres too much smoke coming from credible sources saying otherwise.

Whether its a switch pro or switch 2 is kind of irrelevant. Those are just marketing terms and nintendo decides if it’ll be considered sequel or an upgrade, just like the Wii U
People are way too hardline over this Switch Pro shyt. Nintendo and these game devs switch shyt up all the time. What could've been "true' at one point could change depending on what factors are being assessed. A new "Gameboy" leak would've looked like a bs leak back when Nintendo was denying that the DS was the successor to the Gameboy. They just were hoping the DS didn't flop or it would've been back to the Gameboy.

Like, why would Nintendo confirm or give legitimacy to leaks about potential upcoming hardware? Lol people "losing their shyt" over these rumors are fukking gullible... How many games we find out years later that were in development that got cancelled but were never even announced?

Like this Sucker Punch game "Prophecy" that got scrapped for Ghosts. Sucker Punch never even announced this game to the public and we now see it actually was something up and running at some point that never got the light of day.

Whoever "leaked" this game back then would've been seen as a liar until footage leaked.

Whether the Switch Pro or 2 comes out I already expect a new SKU to be released within the next year and change.

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Nintendo ain't that crazy
full

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
People are way too hardline over this Switch Pro shyt. Nintendo and these game devs switch shyt up all the time. What could've been "true' at one point could change depending on what factors are being assessed. A new "Gameboy" leak would've looked like a bs leak back when Nintendo was denying that the DS was the successor to the Gameboy. They just were hoping the DS didn't flop or it would've been back to the Gameboy.

Like, why would Nintendo confirm or give legitimacy to leaks about potential upcoming hardware? Lol people "losing their shyt" over these rumors are fukking gullible... How many games we find out years later that were in development that got cancelled but were never even announced?

Like this Sucker Punch game "Prophecy" that got scrapped for Ghosts. Sucker Punch never even announced this game to the public and we now see it actually was something up and running at some point that never got the light of day.

Whether the Switch Pro or 2 comes out I already expect a new SKU to be released within the next year and change.

yeah, its inevitable, nintendo ain't going for 7 full years without some actual hardware upgrades

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I feel like too many people are getting caught up on the “pro” thing, at the end of the day we just need to know nintendo is releasing another model by the end of next year with DLSS upscaling technology.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
As long as the Switch is selling like crazy and has exclusives dropping as far as next summer, I don't see them cannibalizing their base and dropping a new system that isn't backwards compatible