New Star In Town Like We're Back In Irving, Texas: The Official 2022-2023 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread

DigitalGoodTimes

Be Positive (B+) /...I'll look for Grandma's hands
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Dwight Powell got ABUSED today. He can't guard Davis. He can't out rebound Davis.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I knew the defense was going to be bad trading away DFS and all (and to be fair, we wasn't all that good on D this year before the trade either) but good gawd. This defense is absolutely embarrassing.

Zero excuse for the defense to be this bad.

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
You boys have the worst front court in the league and so many dead weight contracts on the roster. :picard:

They really don't have a choice BUT to offer KyME the full max because there is nothing left around Luka if he leaves.

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You boys have the worst front court in the league and so many dead weight contracts on the roster. :picard:

They really don't have a choice BUT to offer KyME the full max because there is nothing left around Luka if he leaves.

It was the same with Spence and Finney

As long as we have Powell, we aren't serious. He shouldn't even be in the league

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
It was the same with Spence and Finney

As long as we have Powell, we aren't serious. He shouldn't even be in the league
Kleber is on the books for three more years; Bertans is signed through 2025 (:picard:). That's $28 million being lit on fire.

You gotta go all in with Luka or he'll walk when his deal is up. I'd package whatever picks necessary to dump those two on Houston or San Antonio so they can re-sign Kyrie AND sign Poeltl or Lopez. They desperately need some rim protection.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Jason Kidd's gotta go.
Luka, Brunson, Dwinddie and hot 3pt shooting covered a lot of his bullshyt at the end of last year.
But we need someone who knows not to play Powell so many minutes, call timeouts when teams go on runs, play the correct players and run an offense that doesn't have one of your stars standing in one spot while the other works on the other side of the court.

WTF is Justin Holliday playing over Josh fukking Green???? Just because he hit a few 3s against the worst team in the league?
Remedial shyt man.
Wood is not good defensively and pisses me off but he's not the lawn chair that Powell is.
Love his effort, but his defense is equal to or less than Wood's right now. Wood at least can get you some blocks and boards.

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jason Kidd's gotta go.
Luka, Brunson, Dwinddie and hot 3pt shooting covered a lot of his bullshyt at the end of last year.
But we need someone who knows not to play Powell so many minutes, call timeouts when teams go on runs, play the correct players and run an offense that doesn't have one of your stars standing in one spot while the other works on the other side of the court.

WTF is Justin Holliday playing over Josh fukking Green???? Just because he hit a few 3s against the worst team in the league?
Remedial shyt man.
Wood is not good defensively and pisses me off but he's not the lawn chair that Powell is.
Love his effort, but his defense is equal to or less than Wood's right now. Wood at least can get you some blocks and boards.

There's only so much Kidd can do

Outside of Luka, Ky, and Josh, we lack talent everywhere else

This is the worst our frontcourt has been in the Cuban era and that's saying something

We just don't have the talent