New RZA album coming soon. The cure 2024

Sean7

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
RZA seems like a perfect example of someone who is creatively stuck because he's trying to do too many things he's not really good at. His move to live instrumentation was largely predicated on him being upset about sample clearances and publishing percentages. The talent and ear isn't there to make it work, and he fell off a cliff the minute he started doing that shyt.

I'm not sure I've heard a great RZA beat in the last decade. Any track released then that sounded good was almost certainly recorded a long time ago.
Tanasia from Nas Lost Tapes 2 is probably around over a decade old like you said, that is one of the last I heard from him that I actually liked and sounded like old Rza. When he went Digital he lost it IMO, never was himself again.

Sean7

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If yall made 1000 beats, lost them, made 1000 more, youd wanna try new things to
True, but I wish we had those 1000 beats he lost in his prime over the new stuff, anyday. I wonder how much heat he lost that would have been one of those beats that you say damn when you hear it (Like the earlier albums). He lost that factor a long time ago.

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
I'm one of the few who actually like his Bobby Digital stuff, but I think his shyt always sounded best with a blend of samples. The Ghost Dog soundtrack is a good example (the Japanese version, the US version is wack). You can tell he's experimenting with synths for the orchestral/textural stuff, but he was still making straight up sampled beats too. He basically made the beat to House of Flying Daggers before Dilla did

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Every time he makes a dope beat there’s another flood. Mans been flooded so many times he’s uninsurable.

Had he just built an ark at the start of his career to store his beats he would be the most acclaimed musician of all time.
id watch a RZAs ark movie

RZA seems like a perfect example of someone who is creatively stuck because he's trying to do too many things he's not really good at. His move to live instrumentation was largely predicated on him being upset about sample clearances and publishing percentages. The talent and ear isn't there to make it work, and he fell off a cliff the minute he started doing that shyt.

I'm not sure I've heard a great RZA beat in the last decade. Any track released then that sounded good was almost certainly recorded a long time ago.
a lot of great beatmakers are closer to computer hackers than someone who learns music through an instrument. some people can transcend those worlds and some cant. rza is the latter. meanwhile someone like Scarface can actually pick up an instrument in their 30s and just learn it. humans are weird

He has a new orchestral album coming out next week, A Ballet Through Mud
more like A Ballet Through Mid