New RZA album coming soon. The cure 2024

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
legendary producer but he ain't produced a great beat in so long, i don't even remember the last great beat he produced

maybe State of Grace?

anyway, that man ain't making no album. he on vacation before he starts writing his next script for another wack film lol

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
legendary producer but he ain't produced a great beat in so long, i don't even remember the last great beat he produced
Every time he makes a dope beat there’s another flood. Mans been flooded so many times he’s uninsurable.

Had he just built an ark at the start of his career to store his beats he would be the most acclaimed musician of all time.

straightcash

All Star
Daps
More throwaways?

P.S. It was Cilvaringz and RZA who stipulated in their contract which auctioned off the last Wu Tang album that the buyer couldn't release it to the public until a hundred years had passed. A lot of people incorrectly think that Martin Shkreli chose to do that.

Shkreli sold off the physical album in July 2021 as part of generating funds for his trial and prison sentence. Since his release, Shkreli revealed he kept a copy for himself. The current owner and him are in a legal spat over that. Shkreli argues (and I side with him) that he hasn't done anything in violation of existing contracts.

The current owners and the Wu Tang side (RZA and Cilvaringz?) have a thing going now where they're selling NFTs for the album. The more it sells it subtracts remaining time from the album's public release. Idk how many years it's so far taken off.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
RZA seems like a perfect example of someone who is creatively stuck because he's trying to do too many things he's not really good at. His move to live instrumentation was largely predicated on him being upset about sample clearances and publishing percentages. The talent and ear isn't there to make it work, and he fell off a cliff the minute he started doing that shyt.

I'm not sure I've heard a great RZA beat in the last decade. Any track released then that sounded good was almost certainly recorded a long time ago.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom

I'm not sure I've heard a great RZA beat in the last decade. Any track released then that sounded good was almost certainly recorded a long time ago.

Tanasia by Nas dropped 5 years ago and was classic Rza. Sounds like some Wu Tang dynasty type shyt. We don't know specifically when it was done. Coulda been 5 years ago. Coulda been 20 years ago but still it came out 5 years ago.

Corndog

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
RZA still drops great beats here and there, he did some A1 production for Flatbush Zombies, Reverend Willie Burke, etc. RZA to me is the GOAT so I'll always check for his production, no matter how many wack beats and failed experiments I have to dig through :yeshrug:

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
RZA seems like a perfect example of someone who is creatively stuck because he's trying to do too many things he's not really good at. His move to live instrumentation was largely predicated on him being upset about sample clearances and publishing percentages. The talent and ear isn't there to make it work, and he fell off a cliff the minute he started doing that shyt.

Rae and Ghost said he can't take criticism and has a big ego. Dudes called them haters but RZA ain't proved them wrong with music. How could he know all those beats in the 90's were so fire, but can't hear how wack his shyt is now?