New rumour. Sony is buying CDPR and Days Gone 2 in development

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Personally I seriously doubt it. It’s more likely Tencent buying them or even Microsoft after the ABK shyt is over

taker597

Superstar
Daps
CDPR is only worth a 3 billion market cap. Cyberpunk really tanked their value.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
This would be the most logical decision or what's left of Konami:ld:
Konami, Square, and Capcom makes way more sense than CDPR.

Capcom worth $9 billion
Konami worth $8 billion
Square worth $6 billion
CDPR worth $3 billion

If we are talking IPs and studio. CDPR is a one IP studio. The difference maybe be their GOG storefront, but I don't think GOG is all that great.

Capcom and Konami makes way more sense. Square studios are pretty problematic with game production.

Capcom is the healthiest company to buy.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’ve been saying CDPR makes a lot of sense for Sony, they are small enough to acquire (around the same size and cost as Bungie) they have two prominent RPG franchises they are solely lacking in right now, and GOG would be an easy way for them to sell their games on pc without having to break off a cut to steam and integrate psn features, cross-play, etc.

Also, CDPR’s games kind of blend in well with what Sony does already, high production value, cinematic, story driven, etc.

I don’t believe this rumor though. We know acquisitions rarely get leaked

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
CDPR is only worth a 3 billion market cap. Cyberpunk really tanked their value.
Their valuation was inflated. On top of that, realistically if they were to be purchased, now would be the best time given how many projects they have in development, & the likelihood that these projects will add more value. In general terms, the studio costs very little and the products they put out are high value. If Sony were interested in buying them now would be the time. I see why the rumor exists.