He made beats for Juice World?!??? :troll:

No Rakim made beats for OJ Simpson

16-oj-pimp-rapper.w710.h473.jpg

images

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
nikkas gassing a rakim album in 2024…like he wasn’t even hot in 1994 :dead:
you're wrong. Everyone was anticipating a rakim album after Don't sweat the Technique. He went on a 5 year hiatus due to that Eric B bullshyt, but when the 18th letter dropped, it went gold and he got the cover of the Source Magazine . Video was on rap city eery day. That was 1997. Even between then, he appeared in a movie with Mario Van peebles and was on the Hoodlum soundtrack with Mobb deep. People were anticipating his return in '97 .Even years following that in 2003, I remember I moved into a military community after getting out of the Army at 25 years old. I used to play ball every day with these teenagers in the neghborhood and I remember one of them talking to me saying, "I like that Truth hurts song. That old dude on the video was spitting". :pachaha: . They had never heard of rakim, but I expected that, they were around the ages of 13-16

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
you're wrong. Everyone was anticipating a rakim album after Don't sweat the Technique. He went on a 5 year hiatus due to that Eric B bullshyt, but when the 18th letter dropped, it went gold and he got the cover of the Source Magazine . Video was on rap city eery day. That was 1997. Even between then, he appeared in a movie with Mario Van peebles and was on the Hoodlum soundtrack with Mobb deep. People were anticipating his return in '97 .Even years following that in 2003, I remember I moved into a military community after getting out of the Army at 25 years old. I used to play ball every day with these teenagers in the neghborhood and I remember one of them talking to me saying, "I like that Truth hurts song. That old dude on the video was spitting". :pachaha: . They had never heard of rakim, but I expected that, they were around the ages of 13-16
I don’t care enough about rakim to read this whole reply…

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

I copped that double CD in 1997 and Rakim was a generation before me. I was into Nas, BIG, Wu, Death Row at the time. But the older heads on my block, who were very influential in my life, were insistent that I listen to Rakim.

The first disc was the album and the 2nd disc were his hits with Eric B. One of my favorite purchases to this day.

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The last Ra album that was solid to me that I listened to in its entirety was the 18th Letter, and that was over 20 years ago. We’ll see I guess :patrice:

• Dap
Reactions: QBN

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
M80 involved:francis:

this can be a huge downside but then again it could be good. my immediate concerns are how the vocals will sound....with all these archived verses that were recorded in 100 different places, mixing cant fix a lot of it. the cohesiveness of the vocal content is another thing. if this project was handled with white gloves and had a really good mixing/engineering overseer would be good. likely not though. like Black Rob album was good, thats because most of that material was recorded in the same places and/or D-Dot had a lot of control over the entire process. thats why it took him so long to make it.