New Nintendo Online Tier Is 49.99 & 79.99 For Family Plan

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They get away with shyt like this because their fans are brain dead morons and the gaming media is a joke.

I doubt we will even get 10% of the coverage Sony got when they increased their game prices to $70 or when Microsoft increased the price of Gold

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They get away with snit like this because their fans are brain dead morons and the gaming media is a joke.

I doubt we will even get 10% of the coverage Sony got when they increased their game prices to $70 or when Microsoft increased the orice of Gold

This is what i said in the Metroid thread. The media isn’t nearly as hard on Nintendo as they should be and their fan base are even more naive than others. When are we gonna get articles about how nintendo is more than doubling the price of their online service while still offering well below industry standard services?

It’s not gonna happen. There was a reason NSO was 20 dollars and not 60 to begin with and adding a handful of N64 games doesn’t close that gap. I’ve seen articles or tweets from industry people dogging both psn or xbl gold for subpar monthly games, which still include new titles.

You’ll be lucky if you get new n64 games anytime soon on this.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
This is what i said in the Metroid thread. The media isn’t nearly as hard on Nintendo as they should be and their fan base are even more naive than others. When are we gonna get articles about how nintendo is more than doubling the price of their online service while still offering well below industry standard services?

It’s not gonna happen. There was a reason NSO was 20 dollars and not 60 to begin with and adding a handful of N64 games doesn’t close that gap
not much but You’ll Have To Pay More Than Double For Switch Online If You Want N64 GamesPreorders for the N64 and Genesis controllers, also $50 each, are now up :ld:

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Nintendo is an expensive hobby. :yeshrug:
It isn't.

The Nintnedo Switch 'high end' model is $400
Joy-Cons are $80
You can buy first party physical games on Day 1 for $50
And Nintendo Switch Online is $50/year

Nintendo has cheaper pricing across the board when compared to Microsoft and Sony. Price is not the issue and consumers also have no issue handing over massive amounts of cash for entertainment. The perceived value of what they're offering isn't up to par with what their competitors are doing and it shows the most with their online service. They've invested next to nothing in their ecosystem and it has always been garbage.

Their stable of IP is a crutch for them because Nintendo is able to justify putting in minimal effort since their games are huge and are going to sell anyway.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It isn't.

Joy-Cons are $80

Nintendo has cheaper pricing across the board when compared to Microsoft and Sony. Price is not the issue and consumers also have no issue handing over massive amounts of cash for entertainment. The perceived value of what they're offering isn't up to par with what their competitors are doing and it shows the most with their online service. They've invested next to nothing in their ecosystem and it has always been garbage.

Their stable of IP is a crutch for them because Nintendo is able to justify putting in minimal effort since their games are huge and are going to sell anyway.
I hear you, but I still think it's expensive in some ways. Their mainline titles always retail full price and rarely ever get a cut. They port old games at full price too. If you want to get into Amiibo, that's a whole other thing, and now this Expansion Pass. Nintendo preys on collectors and nostalgia, but it works (for me at least) because the for the most part, the quality is there

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
sega genesis classsics right now on psn for 8.99. This is what it includes:

Now, nintendo just paid a shyt load of money to include a fraction of that and they are fronting the cost to the consumer. I also assume they are paying licensing fees for usage of the classic controller.

I’m sure those same people would have been just as happy for GameCube games or more snes games, I’m sure even a square enix collection would have been cheaper
Yep... I own this on Switch and have an actual N64 and Genesis Sega DC Combo that I don't even use.
only time i used it was for animal crossing, i tried to play a couple other games with it and it was terrible.. not even worth it.

nintendo online won't be worth it until their games have proper game lobbies and they get rid of friend codes. they're bugging the fukk out thinking they can put out an online system thats worse than the ps3 and charge 50 dollars for it

Same, I got Switch online like month after it launched and the only difference was my account was $20 lighter to keep playing Mario Kart Online. No features were added at all... all we really got was a new home button for switch online on the Home Screen. I think I'm going to toss the $20 towards extending my Game Pass sub I get more outta that for a month than I do from Switch online.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I got a N64 still and don't care to play them games sooooooo

Goombreh

Superstar
Daps
This is the work of that greedy fukk Furukawa.

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
It isn't.

Joy-Cons are $80

Expensive may be the wrong word. Overpriced imo. Joy cons costing more than a ds5 is utter hilarity and they malfuctioned so much ninty got a class action put on them :dead:

also for a handheld, many of the games being basically dogshyt undocked is wild.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Nintendo online gives you access to tons of free classic NES, SNES, and other games. Expensive but still not getting rid of it.

PSN is the absolute worse. Even Ghosts online is trash