New Meghan the Stallion w/her BFF tempting her BF :

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I wear the waist beads for exactly the reason you posted. I'm a prostitute.

No, it's really to monitor my weight lol. Are you west African? I spoke to a few women who said they would give them to newlyweds so they could monitor their weight gain. Some women wear them for years. Even when pregnant, they just roll upwards and when you have the baby you can see how close you've come to pre-baby weight. They also are helpful in curbing eating too much, as they get a little snug and uncomfortable if you have. Anything to get rid of all these fatties, amiright?!
Some of those beads are also for spiritual protection.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps

igbo-weddings-a-tpical-outfit-1.png

that link goes into the picturebox of the mountain and sun by the smiley face, that way your image shows up.

interesting but i dont believe that then why wear it on your wedding day, if its too prove you are without a partner ... surely you have been spoken for before you walk the isle.

you could be right, i know 2 things : its for watching your weight and the prostitutes of africa have adopted it (maybe a form of advertising)

i am not igbo though i am yoruba.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
igbo-weddings-a-tpical-outfit-1.png

that link goes into the picturebox of the mountain and sun by the smiley face, that way your image shows up.

interesting but i dont believe that then why wear it on your wedding day, if its too prove you are without a partner ... surely you have been spoken for before you walk the isle.

you could be right, i know 2 things : its for watching your weight and the prostitutes of africa have adopted it (maybe a form of advertising)

i am not igbo though i am yoruba.

Significance Of Beads In Igbo Culture

I think Igbo brides wear waist beads also because they look nice!

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
Ghana. Surprised to hear you say it's not because it's there too

props going to need to do my own indiana jones on it, but i appreciate it never knew that.

so there was a sister in the earlier posts, that said something about it and marriage being more desirable and etc. dope.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
She’s not natural though.

thats speculation :hubie:

she used to be fat really fat, and she lost all that weight and fixed her teeth and went on a "regiment".

i give her the benefit of doubt until there is solid information by a surgeon or something lol. i will believe her denying surgery.