NEW JAY Z VIDEO: The Story Of OJ

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Why they so butthurt over him clowning money phone pics? Jay was buying into basketball teams and getting them to move to Brooklyn and launching his own streaming services to floss. He was on another level from them. They gotta understand that shyt is petty to him.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Staring at this gif

qLhNmZJ.gif

This comes right after the OJ part. Didn't OJ basically get exiled to Florida after the trial? If that was the point of that backdrop, that's even more subtle genius. If this has already been brought up, my bad.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
My review of 4:44

Jay-Z’s: The Tidal Next Time
Written by: Ziggiy

Shawn Carter’s Examination of Wealth, Race, and Self.

For black America needs a politics whose first mission isn’t the reinforcement of the idea of black America; and a discourse of race that isn’t centrally concerned with preserving the idea of race and racial unanimity. We need something we don’t yet have: a way of speaking about black poverty that doesn’t falsify the reality of black advancement; a way of speaking about black advancement that doesn’t distort the enduring realities of black poverty.

Henry Louis Gates Jr.

Shawn Carter is the most singularly successful individual in Hip Hop history. He is the poster child for the hustler who masquerades as a rapper. A pen scripting life to the realities of the street corner. A voice adding melody to the symphony of the slums. A salve which eases the pain of countless stick up kids and dealers whose existence is filled with nothing more than the mission to experience another sunrise. Shawn Carter is the ghetto’s Jesus. A black man who dared call himself “Jay-Hova” (Hov for short) and, having proven his lyrical prowess so great that such blasphemy was universally accepted. He is corporate America’s go-to taste maker for fashion, liquor, and product placement. He is a conglomerate unto himself. He is husband to the most famous living entertainer. He is a new father to the most fawned over twins this side of the Olsens. He is, with respect to Dos Equis, the most interesting man in the world.

And such is the potential of all black men who have proven themselves unique, talented, and with the capacity to crossover. Moreover, Jay-Z represents the rare black artist who has crossed into mainstream popularity while retaining virtually all of his urban credibility. In this sense, Jay-Z is the embodiment of everything black men strive to attain. The respect of the larger black populace, the admiration of the white gatekeepers who hold the keys to financial immortality, and the hearts of the very project street corners from whence he was birthed. This is not to suggest that there haven’t been hardships along the way, it’s just that any perceived adversity seems so easily conquerable that it is hard to imagine someone of Jay-Z’s stature in any state of real distress. Which is why his latest studio album, his 13th overall; is such a stunning revelation.

Full review here

Jay-Z's: The Tidal Next Time

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
How is this good?

Yes he dropped knowledge on being financially responsible but fukk everybody broke, not just a black thing

The images and message leave you taxed after the video

It didn't make me feel good or better about being black

Y'all should catch that.

It helps push the slave/ defeated negro narrative

James brown made I'm black and I'm proud,
Notice the positivity in that compared to this...

fukk this shyt

:dame:
You sound weak

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So You REALLY think on a HIP HOP board that a video from one of the biggest artist in the genre that's been out a WEEK never got posted on here:martin:
this video is dated yesterday