New Comic Series Pushes For Netflix On Kickstarter and its Unapologetically Black!

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
New Comic Series Pushes For Netflix On Kickstarter!

Inspired by Avatar: the Last Air Bender, Naruto, and the Boondocks.

Written by Manuel Godoy and drawn by David Lenormand, Kids 2 Kings is a story about a young boy named Ausar whose life goal is to rule Kemet. This goal leads him on a journey to far off lands in the ancient world where he deals with the complicated issues involving wars and ancient gods that seek his death. He is accompanied by his kinfolk Seth, Auset, and Nehbet as they travel the world. The world of Black Sands is deep and the original cultures of the time are all represented in this sci-fi, fantasy retelling of ancient myths.

What to expect: Demi-Gods, Ancient Aliens, Historically accurate cultures, Various myths, and a good time.

visit Kickstarter to pledge your support.

New-comic-series-pushes-for-Netflix-on-Kickstarter-58d07b8789728__880.jpg

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
150K?!!? :wtf: usually animated pilots cost 30K on average....:wtf: Damn how am I gonna get my Aaron Jackson series made???:mjcry:

Maybe it's the voice actor talent ? or is breh finessing "adminstration & other related fees" :mjgrin:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man he could hire some voice actor bums and get studio time for them to read the script for cheap...:mjlol:

I'm curious as well... animated series shouldn't run THAT high

Highest I've ever seen quoted is $200k for a 20-25 minute pilot .......but just 2 minutes ? :damn:

Daps
From a business standpoint, jumping straight from paper to netflix sounds like a bad decision. Spend less budget and have your own studio (pixar) get with some graphic design students, make videos creating video animation and not slide shows, get a group of voice actors that you feel would be a good fit, embodying the characterization and personality of each protagonist and develop a huge 250k+following on YouTube. From YouTube, use that popularity to branch out to Netflix, HBO, Nickelodeon.

I'm in no position to give you my advise but from my opinion, you hustling backwards. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck.

Also, if they're children from Ephraim, do you dive into language barriers, hieroglyphics, Ysrael, Assyrians, invasion of other cultures to diversify your story and branch out to other audiences and bring them in?